Thread: Red Faction: Guerrilla hangs on Windows 7

Red Faction: Guerrilla hangs on Windows 7

I have setup a new Windows 7 desktop. I have an Intel Quad Core processor and using a Gigabyte motherboard. I have installed Counter Strike 1.6 on this desktop and had no issue playing it s well. But I am unable to play the Red Faction: Guerrilla. The reason being that after installing the game when I try to play the game the game hangs after a few minutes or sometimes does not even starts. How can I sort this out?

Update graphics cards to their latest drivers

To overcome this error you would first have to update your nVidia and ATI graphics cards to their latest drivers. I had similar issue with SIMS-III on my Windows 7 computer as well. Whenever I tried to launch the game the game screen used to blink and the desktop screen would reappear. I then updated my ATI Radeon graphic card to its latest drivers. This helped me to play the game. So I guess this might also work for you as well.

USe Single Processor for Gaming

For multi-core processor users it is recommended to make use of single processor while playing any high-end graphic game. As you are using a Quad Core processor you can use only one processor for playing the Red Faction: Guerrilla on Windows 7 as it would not hamper your computer performance at all. I am using an AMD Phenom X4 - 9850 processor which is also a quad core processor and I make use of a single processor while gaming on my machine.

Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla hangs on Windows 7

I suggest you to set your screen resolution to 1024 by 768 pixels. Also use some other monitor and see if the game still hangs. In case you are using some secondary monitor then unplug it and see if the game still hangs. Also if this does not works, you can always try to re-install the game. Also keep a track of any error messages that might pop-up during installation.

Diable Anti-virus

It an be that the game is being obstructed from running all its files by the anti-virus. The anti-virus might perceive the games files to be unknown files which might be malicious and thus might obstruct them. The AVG and Norton anti-virus are known to obstruct many games from being launched. So next time when you try to play the game disable the anti-virus and then try playing the game.

System requirementys for Red Faction: Guerrilla

Following are the recommended system requirements for the Red Faction: Guerrilla game. This might help you to possibly sort out any hardware that might be required to be installed or upgraded in order to play the game:
    • Processor: 3.2 GHz Dual-Core Processor
    • Graphic card: 256 MB graphical support.
    • Operating System: Windows XP onwards.
    • RAM: Above 1 gigs preferred
    • Hard drive space: 15 gigs