Thread: FPS drops while playing Soldier Front

FPS drops while playing Soldier Front

Hello to all Gamers, I am facing this weird problem while playing Soldier from on my desktop computer. My computer is installed with Windows Vista operating system. Recently I installed Soldier front on my computer but I am facing problems while playing the game. FPS drops while playing Soldier Front . I get about 15 fps while playing the game. The following is the configuration of my computer :- Intel Dual core processor 2.4 ghz, 1gb RAM and Nvidia Graphic card. I think the configuration is good enough to run the game smoothly but still the game lags. Also I have Norton 360 antivirus installed on the computer. Can norton cause such problems while gaming? Please help.

Re: FPS drops while playing Soldier Front

Windows Vista does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows Vista is available on the official website of Microsoft. Check the list and see if the game which you are trying to play is listed in the supported games list. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do about it.

Dual core processors are not typically meant for running gaming applications. Dual core processors have two processors which are out of sync hence whenever any process is started on the computer, both the processors start processing the application together which may create problems while playing games. You will have to disable one of the core of the processor in order to run the game smoothly. Start the game and then open the task manager. Go to processes tab and right click on the process of the game. Select set affinity and then remove check mark from one of the processor. Click on OK and then resume the Game. Now the game will not lag.

Norton antivirus takes up lot of system resources. All the gaming applications require lot of memory and CPU usage. If the required amount of CPU and memory are fulfilled then the performance of the game suffers. As your system has norton 360 installed on it, it must be taking up all the CPU and memory which is why the game is lagging while playing. I would suggest you that disable the Real time shield of the Norton antivirus while playing the game and see if the performance of the game improves or not. I am sure that the performance of the game will improve after disabling the Real time shield of the antivirus.

Check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on the system. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. To check if the display drivers are installed and working properly or not, Right click on My computer and then go to device manager. Highlight the display adapter and check if there are any caution signs. If there are any caution signs, then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try updating the drivers and see if the game is working properly or not.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run high end graphic editing software's. These settings create problems while running certain gaming applications. The graphic card will have to be configured properly to run the game smoothly. Once the graphic card is configured as per the settings required by the game, the game will not lag. To configure the graphic card, open the graphic properties and then select Manage 3D settings. Select Anistropic filtering and select Force off. Select Vertical sync and select Force off. Select Triple Buffering and select Force off. Now save and apply the settings. Try and run the game. Hopefully the game will not lag.