Thread: Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7

Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 operating system with 2 GB RAM and Core2Duo processor. The problem that I have encountered is that Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7. I got some messages while installing this game, but I dont remember what the messages were, that is I just ignored them. All possible suggestions and comments are duly appreciated.

Re: Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7

The problem that Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7 is surely because of an error while installing the game in the system. I can assure you this, since you have mentioned that you had received some messages while installing it. You should not have ignored them. Reinstall the game and check out if are getting the same errors and reply again if your problem is not eradicated by re-installation.

The system requirements of this game are given below and you must have a look at the same if Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7:
    • Operating systems: Windows XP (with SP3) or Vista (with SP1) or 7 (only)
    • Processor: 3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo Family, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, AMD Phenom or better recommended)
    • Memory: 1GB (Windows XP) or 2GB (Windows Vista, Windows7) (4GB recommended)
    • Graphics: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant, Shader 2.0-enabled video card (512 MB recommended)
    • Hard Disk: 8 GB free
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Hello there, Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7 is not an incompatibility issue, since the system requirements that are shown below shows that this particular operating system is supported. I think that you are not using a full version of the Windows 7 operating system. Such problems are seen to occur in the trial versions of this operating system.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Even it is shown that Dawn of Discovery Venice is supported by the Windows 7 operating system, this can be an incompatibility issue that you are facing. So, if Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7, then you must use the option of troubleshoot compatibility, since it will set the operating system in the compatibility mode, when this game runs in the system.

The "Run as Administrator" option is used to execute any program or application in Windows 7 by force. This has also helped to solve many issues of incompatibility in Windows 7. The case that Dawn of Discovery Venice gives black screen in Windows 7 can also be solved using this same option and I can assure you this, since I have been successful using the same.