Thread: Call of duty modern warfare crashes at desktop and gives white screen

Call of duty modern warfare crashes at desktop and gives white screen

Hi to all gamers, The configuration of rig is Intel dual core processor with 2gb Ram and a Nvidia graphic card. I think the configuration is good enough to run Call of duty modern warfare 2. I installed the game on my computer but I am not able to run the game. Whenever I try to run the game, Call of duty modern warfare crashes at desktop and gives white screen. It does not give any error. As I am not a computer savvy, i cant understand what is causing the problem. So if anybody can help me out in solving this issue then it would be really nice. Thanks in advance.

Re: Call of duty modern warfare crashes at desktop and gives white screen

Check the minimum system requirement of the game. Every game has a minimum system requirement which has to be fulfilled by the computer. If the minimum system requirement of the game is not fulfilled by the computer then the game will not run properly on it. I think the configuration of the computer is not fulfilling the minimum system requirements of the game due to which the game is crashing. Check the minimum system requirement of the game and if your computer is not fulfilling the minimum system requirements then dont try to run the game as it may damage the computer.

If there are any security software's running on the computer, then they could be the reason behind the game crashing. All the security software's have the tendency to block any unknown process to run on the computer. This is to prevent any virus to running scripts without the users permission. Because of this tendency sometimes the processes which are started by the users are also blocked. To solve such problem you will have to move the process of the game to the trusted applications list of the browser. Once done the process is moved in the trusted applications list, the application will not be blocked and hence will not crash.

All the applications have lot of files associated to it. If any of the files associated to the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. I think that the version of the game which is installed on the computer is corrupt and because of it game is crashing. Uninstall the game and remove all the keys/files which are related to the application. Once all the traces are removed from the computer install the game again and see if it runs properly.

The dual core processors are specially made for gaming. Their are two processors present in a dual core processors which are out of sync therefore whenever any application is executed on the computer, both the processors start processing the application which creates problems while running gaming application. Their are many gaming fixes which are available online which can be installed on the computer. The gaming fix disables one of the processor while running game application. You can turn off one of the processor manually while gaming. To turn of one of the processor manually, execute the game and then open the task manager. Go to processes tab and select the process of the game and right click on it. Select set affinity and then remove the check mark from one of the CPU. Click on OK and then resume the game.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

You have mentioned that your computer has an Nvidia graphic card installed on it. Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run high end graphics application. This configuration conflicts with some games which results in the game not running properly. Therefore you will have to configure the graphic card properly inorder to run the game. To configure the graphic card, open the graphic properties and select Manage 3D settings. Now Highlight Triple buffering and select Force off. Highlight Anistropic filtering and select Force off. Highlight Vertical sync and select Force off. Once all the settings are done, save and apply the settings. Hope the post helps.