Thread: Bionic Commando crashes and reverts back to desktop

Bionic Commando crashes and reverts back to desktop

I have got a Windows Vista machine which runs on a Intel Core 2 Duo processor which probably is around 2 GHz. I am using an Intel motherboard and have installed ATI Radeon 256 MB video card. But still after installing the Bionic Commando on my machine I am unable to play it. The game just tends to crashes and reverts back to desktop. Is there are proper solution that can fix this problem. I fear that my computer might get affected by this. Please help as soon as possible.

Re-install the Game

If you had no issues while installing the game then probably you should not have any issue to launch the game as well on Windows Vista platform. I am also using Windows Vista and the game works fine on my computer. I suggest you to try re-installing the game. Sometimes this solution does works to fix the game crashes. Remember to uninstall the previous copy of Bionic Commando before reinstalling it again. Once you have reinstalled the game reboot your computer before playing the game.

Anti-virus blocking the game

Now from my point of view it seems to be an issue with the system's installed anti virus. If the game is crashing or freezes on trying to launch the game and that too without any error then it is more often to be an issue because of the installed anti-virus. The anti-virus might be blocking the game to disallow unauthorized access to internet. Thus I recommend to turn off your anti-virus application and see if you are able to play the game, which I feel you will be able to play.

Re: Bionic Commando crashes and reverts back to desktop

First of all Thanks for all your solutions. But I have tried the re-installation process a number of times now and still the same is observed. I had even disabled the antivirus and even switched to another antivirus but still the game crashes. And yet there are no error codes or any relevant error messages that are displayed. How can I fix this issue ? Is it an issue with my operating system or any computer hardware.

Use Single processor

The solution can be to use a single processor rather then multiple processors. I am using a core i5 and while playing computer game I makes use of only a single processor. For this you would have to:
    • Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to display the Task Manager.
    • Open the Process Tab
    • I here you would have to set the affinity for the game's process.