Thread: Call Of Duty 4 lagging on Windows 7

Call Of Duty 4 lagging on Windows 7

Hello, I had a desktop computer which was installed with Windows Xp operating system and which was powered by Intel pentium 4 processor. I used to play Call of duty 4 on it regularly without any problems. Recently I bought a new computer with Intel core i7 processor and Window 7 operating system. I installed the Call of duty 4 on the computer but the game lags alot while playing. The computer also has a Nvidia graphic card installed. Therefore I cant figure out why Call Of Duty 4 is lagging on Windows 7? If any of you know the solution to the issue then please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Call Of Duty 4 lagging on Windows 7

Windows 7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system, then it will either not work at all or will give some problems while running. The list of all the games which are supported by Windows 7 is available on the official microsoft website. Visit the website and find out if the game is compatible or not. If the game is not compatible then there is nothing much you can do about it.

You are using a multi core processor which is not typically meant for gaming. If any of the application is started on a Multi core processor, all the processors start processing the application together which leads problems while gaming application. You will have to disable all the extra processors and then try to run the game. To disable extra processors, start the game and then open the task manager. Go to processes and then right click on the process of the game. Select set affinity and then remove all the extra processors. Resume the game again and then see if the game lags. You can also download and install the gaming fix which are available online for multi core processors.

There must be some processes running in the background due to which the game is lagging. Gaming applications require lot of CPU and memory usage. Therefore if there are other processes running on the computer along with the game then the game is bound to lag as the processor will not be able to process the application properly. Therefore check if there are any processes running on the computer before running the game on the computer. To check if there are any unwanted processes which are running on the computer, press CTRL,ALT and delete and open Task manager. Select Processes tab and see the processes which are taking up lot of memory and CPU usage. If the processes are unwanted then terminate them.

Nvidia cards are preconfigured to run all the high graphics editing software's. This configuration settings create problems while running some gaming application. Hence you will have to configure the graphic card properly to run the game smoothly. To configure the graphics card, open the Graphic properties. Now click on Manage 3D settings. Highlight Anistropic filtering and select force off. Highlight triple buffering and select force off. Highlight vertical sync and select force off. Now save and apply the settings. See if the game lags while playing.