Thread: Issues of Avernum V in Windows 7

Issues of Avernum V in Windows 7

I am having some issues of Avernum V in Windows 7. The problem is that sometimes the game exits while being played. Many a times the game does not load. Can anyone explain to me why this problem is happening? Is this the problem that has happened during installation? If yes, why did the system not alert me about the same. All possible replies and comments are appreciated.

Re: Issues of Avernum V in Windows 7

The issues of Avernum V in Windows 7 may be because it is incompatible with this operating system. There are such problems with many applications and softwares, that run fine in the previous versions of the operating system. In those cases, the alternatives can be found for the applications that do not work. But , here this is a game. There is no alternative to a game. Hence, it is advised to not install Windows 7 operating system.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I suggest you to have a look at the system requirements of this game and you may understand why there are issues of Avernum V in Windows 7:
    • Operating system: Windows XP or later
    • Processor: 800 MhZ processor (Minimum 1.6 GhZ processor is recommended)
    • Video card or processor with OpenGL support and 32 MB video RAM (64 MB is recommended)
    • RAM: 512 MB or more free
    • Hard Disk: 200 MB free
    • 1024x768 screen resolution with 32 bit color

I guess that the cause for the issues of Avernum V in Windows 7 may be that an installation error must have occurred. Many a times it is possible that the computer does not prompt about such errors. It is also possible that the users ignore such types of errors and hence, they think that there was no problem while installing. So, I suggest you to reinstall the game and make sure that you do not run any application and programs in its background.

You will have to search for the compatibility tool for Avernum V. If it is available, then the issues of Avernum V in Windows 7 can be solved. Such tools have been released for the particular softwares, applications and games that are having incompatibility issues with the operating system. So, install this tool before you install the game and your problem will be hopefully solved.

You will have to set the operating system in the compatibility mode if there are issues of Avernum V in Windows 7.You can do this with the help of the "troubleshoot compatibility" option. You have 2 sub-options in here. You can do this setting by yourself or you can let the system to find what are the errors that this game have with this operating system. If you find that the settings are proper, then just apply them for the future.