Thread: Application failed to start error in King's Bounty: Armored Princess

Application failed to start error in King's Bounty: Armored Princess

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which was installed with Windows XP operating system on it. I regularly used to play King's Bounty: Armored Princess on it. Recently I upgraded the operating system to Windows 7. Now whenever I try to start the game, it gives application failed to start error due to which I am not able to play the game. This the following error which I am getting 0xc0000005. Therefore if anybody knows why I am getting Application failed to start error in King's Bounty: Armored Princess. Any suggestions regarding the same are welcome.

Re: Application failed to start error in King's Bounty: Armored Princess

Windows7 does not support all the games which are supported by Windows XP operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run properly or will not run at all. The games which are supported by Windows 7 operating system are listed on the official website of Microsoft. Therefore I would suggest you to check if the game is supported to by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported by the operating system then there is nothing much you can do about it.

All the operating systems which are released later to Windows XP have a builtin compatibility mode. Compatibility mode helps the user to run the application on the new version of Windows just like they used to run on the earlier version of Windows. Therefore try running the application in compatibility mode and see if the game runs. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the icon of the game executable file and select properties. Go to compatibility tab and check mark the option which says "Run this application in compatiblity mode" and select the version of the operating system in which the application used to run properly and apply the settings.

As you have upgraded the operating system on the computer, you will have to reinstall all the applications which are installed on the previous operating system. Whenever the upgraded procedure is done on the operating system, all the files of the operating system are replaced by the files of the new operating system. Hence the applications which are installed on the previous operating system will not work on the new operating system. Remove the current installed version of the game from the computer. Remove all the files and the keys which are related to the game from the computer. Once all the traces of the game are removed from the computer, reinstall the game again and check if it is working properly.

Check if the display drivers are installed and working on the computer properly. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of software's installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers for the display are not installed on the computer, then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers for the display adapter are installed or not, go to device manager and then highlight the display adapater. Check if there are any caution signs, do the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help then try to update the drivers for the display adapter.

0xc0000005 is a very common error encountered while running some applications on Windows operating system. The 0xc0000005 error code can also appear along with different error messages, depending on the application which you are trying to run or install on your computer. The common reasons for getting the application failed to start error is faulty ram or virus infection. Hence check if the system RAM is working properly and if the computer is infected by some virus or not.