Thread: Lagging issues in Crysis

Lagging issues in Crysis

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. My computer is powered by Intel dual core processor 2.6ghz and has 1gb of RAM. The computer is installed with ATI 4850HD graphic card. I think the configuration of the computer is pretty good for running Crysis but still the game lags on the computer. I am new to gaming and hence dont know the tricks to reduce lag while gaming. Hence if anybody else is facing similar Lagging issues in Crysis then please share some information which might help me in solving the issue.

Re: Lagging issues in Crysis

Dual core processors are not generally meant for gaming. Dual core processors have two processors which are out of sync. If any of the application is executed on the computer, both the processors start processing the application together which creates problems while executing gaming application. You will have to disable one of the processors while running the game which will help you in reducing the lag while playing. Start the game and then open the task manager. Go to processes tab and find the process of the game and right click on it. Select Set affinity and remove the check mark from one of the processors. Click on OK and then resume the game again.

There must be some processes which are running in background which are creating problems while gaming. Gaming applications require high CPU and memory usage. If there are many processes then the gaming application will not get required memory and CPU usage which will cause the game to lag. Before starting the game, open the task manager and then terminate all the processes which are unwanted and take up lot of CPU and memory usage. After terminating the unwanted processes check if the game works properly or not.

The system memory of your computer is way to low to run the game smoothly. Crysis requires minimum of 1gb of RAM for working. Your whole system is working on 1gb of RAM, hence lot of memory must be taken up by the processes of the operating system. I would suggest you to increase the system memory of your computer and then check if the game runs properly or not. Increasing the RAM of the system will improve the performance of the game as well as the performance of the computer.

ATI graphic card support the triple buffering feature which is used in many of the latest games. CRYSIS requires triple buffering feature to be enabled on the graphic card so that the game runs smoothly. To make the game run smoothly you will have to enable the triple buffering on the graphic card by going to ATI catalyst control center. Check if the triple buffering is enabled and enable it if it is not enabled. Once enabled then try to run the game and check the performance of the game.

I would suggest you to check the minimum system requirements of Crysis before trying to run the game on your system. One should always check the minimum system requirements of the game before installing it on the computer. If the system requirements of the game is not fulfilled, then the game will not work properly on the computer. The game lagging on the system is indication that the system is not fulfilling all the requirements of the game and hence you are not able to play the game properly.