Thread: Gears of war crashes in Windows 7

Gears of war crashes in Windows 7

Hello people, I am in a big trouble and need you assistance to solve the problem. Recently I upgraded the operating system on my computer to Windows 7 from Windows XP. After upgrading the operating system, Gears of Wars keeps on crashing. I am only able to play the game for about 20 minutes after that the game freezes. I cant say if the problem is due to Windows upgrade because along with the operating system upgrade, I have upgraded the graphic card on my computer from ATI to Nvidia. Therefore if any of you know why Gears of War crashes in Windows 7 then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Gears of war crashes in Windows 7

Have you installed the game again in Windows 7? You have mentioned that you have carried out operating system upgrade on the system. Once the operating system on the computer is upgraded, all the applications which are installed on the previous operating system will not work and hence you will have to reinstall the applications which are not running on Windows 7. Remove the current installed version of the game from the computer. Remove all the files and keys related to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reinstall the application again and see if the game runs properly or not.

Scan the computer with some updated antivirus as it is possible that the computer is infected by some virus. Virus's have the tendency to link with the files which are associated to the applications which are frequently used by the user. If such a situation occurs then the application whose file is infected by the virus will not work properly. Therefore scan the system with an updated antivirus and see the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files and then see if the game is running properly or not.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

There are many games which are not supported by Windows 7 operating system. If the game is not supported by the operating system, then it will not work properly. To check if the game is supported by the operating system which you are using, visit the official website of Microsoft. If the game is not supported then there is nothing much you can do. You can try running the game in compatibility mode and see if it works. To run the game in compatibility mode, right click on the game icon and select properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and then check mark the option which says "Run the game in compatibility mode" and select Windows XP. Save and apply the settings and then see if the game works.

Nvidia cards require special configuration to be done for the games to run properly. The Nvidia graphic cards are preconfigured to run all the high end graphics editing software's which create problems while running some gaming applications. To configure the graphic card, open the Nvidia control panel and go to the graphics setting. Select Manage 3D settings and then highlight Anistropic filtering and select force off. Highlight Vertical sync and select force off. Highlight Vertical sync and select force off. Once all the following settings are done, save and apply the settings. Now try to run the game.