Thread: Unable to connect to Xbox Live

Unable to connect to Xbox Live

Hi,

I am trying to configure my Xbox 360 to use Xbox Live via wireless router. I have entered Ip on my Xbox 360 but the connection to Xbox Live fails. I am unable to connect to Xbox Live. Do I need to enable wireless access point? Is it because of the xbox live server update ???

Re: Unable to connect to Xbox Live

If you use a direct connection using a modem connected directly to making broadband, DNS address settings are obtained from your ISP. The parameters of the network interface must be defined on Automatic. Reset the modem by turning it off and then back, then try again to connect. Manually set the DNS addresses in the interface. If you do not know these addresses, contact your ISP.

Try connecting using the modem only. This eliminates any configuration problems on the router. If this setup works without the router, this means that the router is misconfigured. Consult the router documentation or contact the technical support group. Examine the interface to make sure DNS settings are set to Automatic.

Use the IP address of your router DNS settings. In general, it is the IP address you use for administration of the router. Consult your router manual to find this address. If you are not able connect to the network when you do not go through your router, you may need to configure it to allow network communication on specific ports that are required by Xbox Live.

Try to enter manual settings in the interface to the IP address, subnet mask, network, default gateway and DNS server addresses:

* IP Address: 192.168.0.2
    * Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    * Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    * DNS server (Primary): 192.168.0.1
    * DNS server (Secondary): 192.168.0.1

Make sure DNS settings are set to Automatic. If the previous steps do not fail, use the IP address of your router DNS settings. In general, it is the IP address you use for administration of the router. Consult your router manual to find this address or manually set the DNS addresses in the interface. If you do not know these addresses, contact your ISP.