Thread: Dragon Age: Origins freezes to black screen

Dragon Age: Origins freezes to black screen

This is a very annoying issue with my computer. I had purchased Dragon Age: Origins computer version last month. I have then tried to install the game on my Windows XP Service Pack III platform computer. But the game was not successfully installed. I thought it to be an issue with some system specification so now I upgraded mu computer platform to Windows 7 and installed the Dragon Age: Origins game again but this time the game although was installed, I was not able to play the game as it used to freeze to Black screen. I just want to play Dragon Age: Origins on my computer. Please help.

Reinstall the game

The game Dragon Age Origins is known to be compatible with Windows XP Service Pack 3 as well as with Windows 7. I am using Windows Vista and I have no such issues on my computer. I guess the game setup files must be missing causing the game to hang. I prefer you to reinstall the game and verify if the game still hangs or not. Possibly this should be the solution.

Re-installation does seems to work

I did not mentioned earlier but I have already attempted to re-install the Dragon Age: Origins on my Windows 7 platform. But that did not helped to get the game working. Initially when I installed the game on Windows 7 platform I got to the gaming screen and then the game freezes, but now I am not even able to get the game screen. I have had no error messages while installing the game or trying to play the game. This is really annoying.

System Requirements for Dragon Age: Origins

For me it seems to be an issue because of the system requirements for the Dragon Age ORIGINS. Though you have upgraded your computer from Windows XP to Windows 7, there are other hardware components that are also required to be upgraded. You may have a look at the System Requirements for Dragon Age ORIGINS on Windows 7:
    1. Operating System: Windows 7.
    2. Memory: Above 1 gigs.
    3. Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 GHz or above / AMD 64 2.0 GHz or above.
    4. Hard-disk space: 20 gigs.

Graphic card issue to cause BSOD error

This happened on my Windows 7 desktop as well but with Mass Effect- II. I had also upgraded my desktop from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and then installed Mass Effect- II on my desktop. But whenever I tried to launch the game I used to get the BSOD error the computer used to re-boot on its own. I then replaced my graphic card and that fixed the issue for me. I guess you may try this on your desktop as well.

Re: Dragon Age: Origins freezes to black screen

Once you have installed the game, I suggest you that you set the screen of the computer to 1024 X 768 pixels resolutions. If that does not works install the game from the same disc on another computer and check if there is this same error. If not then check your computer's RAM memory as it might be either corrupted or not properly fitted into the motherboard socket.