Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 'Steam Error 55'

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 'Steam Error 55'

There is this Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II 'Steam Error 55' displayed everytime I try to load the game through steam. Not only this if I keep trying this for many times it tend to freeze my computer. I then can get my computer working only after re-booting. How to solve this issue. Is it anything related to system requirements?

Restart Steam

The Steam Error 55 with COD VI is an error related to the Steam. To overcome this error you can try to re-start the Steam. I am playing COD VI but I do not have had any issues until now. I suggest you that you also re-start your computer after re-starting the Steam before trying to launch the game. Hope this works for you.

1024×768 Game resolution

I had a related error wherein my computer screen used to freeze directly when I tried to play Modern Warfare- 2. I have tried various trial and error methods which never seem to worked. Finally with the guidance of my computer technician I adjusted the Game Screen resolution to 1024×768 and that fixed the issue for me. Try this out on your computer.

Administrator Rights required

1. Go to Start Menu and enter msconfig in the search or run box(as per your operating system)
    2. Go to the Tools Tab.
    3. Browse and locate Disable UAC.
    4. Click on Disable UAC.
    5. Then click on Launch.
    6. Restart you machine for the settings to be applied.

This will allow you to run the the Call of Duty 6 by Administrator rights. This game tends to have issues with User Account settings in Windows XP and Vista as well. Try the steps mentioned above to fix the steam and game crash errors.

Close background applications

The description given by you tends to indicate that the game does not get the required resources. This happens if there are unnecessary application running in the background. Thus to successfully play the game I recommend you to close background applications. For this you can use the method mentioned below:
    • Open Run from the Windows Start menu.
    • Type MSCONFIG in the Run text box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Look for the tab named STARTUP.
    • Click on STARTUP tab and Click on the Disable All button.
    • Now look for the tab named Services.
    • Hide All Microsoft Services check box should be marked click the Disable All button.
    • Click OK button.
    • Reboot your system.

Reinstall the game

The issue can be persisting due to incorrect installation of COD: Modern Warfare 2. There may be lose of some necessary files for running the game. Re-install the game and verify if the error still persists. Also you need to check the graphic card physical connectivity. Try to connect another graphic card and verify if the issue persist.