Thread: Failed to run install script error in Call of Duty 6

Failed to run install script error in Call of Duty 6

I had installed Call of Duty 6 on my desktop computer. But due to a virus infection I had to re-install windows which in turn meant that I had to re-configure the Call of Duty 6 on my desktop computer. But the re-configuration could not complete as it was interrupted by Failed to run install script error. What is causing this error if I was able to play the same game on the same desktop computer earlier?

Admin Rights Issue

This is an issue with Admin rights. In order to install Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 you would have to follow the steps mentioned below:
    1. Open My Computer
    2. Right click on CD/DVD drive
    3. Select Explore
    4. Right click on setup.exe file of the disc.
    5. Select Run as Administrator.

But I too have an error with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which is as- Modern Warfare 2 error Create2DTexture failed 8876086c

Re: Admin Rights Issue

Quote Originally Posted by KAMAL60 View Post
    This is an issue with Admin rights. In order to install Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 you would have to follow the steps mentioned below:
    1. Open My Computer
    2. Right click on CD/DVD drive
    3. Select Explore
    4. Right click on setup.exe file of the disc.
    5. Select Run as Administrator.

But I too have an error with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which is as- Modern Warfare 2 error Create2DTexture failed 8876086c
    In order to troubleshoot this kind of error you would have to go the steam game menu > List the game and right click on it > Browse to Properties > Look for the Local Files tab > Select Verify. I had resolved the issue using the above procedure.

Replace Madern Warfare II error

While trying to install SIMS III on my Dell machine I also was unable to compete the installation. So I tried to install the game on another machine from the same installation DVD. But that too was not completed. I then replaced the installation DVD and this fixed the error for me. You may try replacing the installation DVD for Modern Warfare II as this can be an issue with your installation DVD.

Re: Failed to run install script error in Call of Duty 6

It can be an issue arising because of motherboard drivers not being updated and/or video card drivers not updated. Thus, to successfully install the game COD- Modern Warfare 2 first update your motherboard and graphic card drivers. Check that you system also has the latest DirectX version which is required for the game. See that the CD-DVD drive is functioning properly or not.