Thread: Wolfenstein displays 'scanning for tools' errors and crashes

Wolfenstein displays 'scanning for tools' errors and crashes

Why does Wolfenstein game always keeps on displaying 'scanning for tools' error when I try the game in multi-player mode and crashes. I had no issue when I played the game in single-player mode. But now the game is lagging in single player mode as well. I had earlier installed and played NFS- Shift as well as Assassin's Creed on my same computer. Help to sort out this issue.

Re: Wolfenstein displays 'scanning for tools' errors and crashes

I had the same error when I also attempted to play multiplayer game with Wolfenstein. After a lot of trial and attempt method for troubleshooting this problem I finally was able to overcome the error. Here is the solution that worked for me:
    etqw config (autoexec.cfg)file to C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\id Software\WolfMP\base. Also rename the etqwconfig to wolfconfig and etqwbinds to wolfbinds.

Wolfenstein System Requirements

Verify that your system qualifies to meet the system requirements specified for Wolfenstein to be played on Windows platform computer. In case you are not having the system requirements for Wolfenstein then you can have a check here:
    • Operating System: Windows XP onwards
    • Graphical support: 256 MB video card
    • Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz onwards
    • RAM: 1 gigs
    • Hard disk free space: 8 gigs
    • Direct X: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

autoexec and wolfconfig files issue

This happened with me when installed a few system tweak software on my computer system. After that Wolfenstein would always be running slow and some times used to crash as well. To resolve this regular crash and lagging issue of Wolfenstein I deleted the wolfconfig and autoexec files of Wolfenstein from both the sdnet and base folder. The files were then regenerated by Wolfenstein and thus resolved the error.

Update Wolfenstein

From your description I presume that you are probably using an older version of Wolfenstein game. There are few known bugs and error that are found with Wolfenstein initial released. So I recommend you to update Wolfenstein game to the latest available version. The latest version is 1.2 which is supposed to fix this error.

Use Single Monitor for each player

In case you are using multiple or secondary monitor for each player then that could also probably be the reason for it. I had this issue with Mass Effect II when I attached a secondary monitor that caused my game to crash very often. Also I suggest you to re-configure the game. If both the above suggestion fails, try to replace the game disc and check if the error persist.