Thread: Red Alert 3 displays black screen on Windows 7

Red Alert 3 displays black screen on Windows 7

Hi to all. I am using a Intel Core 2 Duo processor machine which initially had Windows Vista operating system which I swapped with Windows 7 last week. Though I was able to play Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 with Vista, this is not happening with Windows 7. If I try starting Red Alert 3 in Windows 7 I only get a black screen on my desktop. And the only was to get my machine working is by re-booting it. What can be done to avoid this?

Try re-installing Red Alert III

Have you tried re-installing the game, because you are having the Black screen of death issue which probably can be a result of improper installation. In case you have not tried this I suggest you to re-install Red Alert III. Also when you are re-installing the game record any errors if displayed and report them back. Hope re-installing resolvers the issue.

Update Video Card Drivers

The error of Blue/Black Screen usually occur if the drivers or your video cards are not updated to the latest which might be required for the game. It can be fixed easily once you update your video card drivers. Open the Windows Device manager that will help you to update your video card drivers. Also check the physical connection of your video card on the motherboard slot.

Verify Windows Installation

I probably think that this can be because of Windows 7. Windows 7 has been known to have issues with several graphical game. But to be on the safer side you can re-install your new Windows 7 operating system. It can be that the file required for playing such games was not present or corrupted or got deleted unknowingly. Also verify that your Disk Drive is reading the installation disc of both Windows 7 and Command & Conquer: Red Alert-3

Red Alert 3 System Requirements

Download the latest version released for RED ALERT- III. Install it and try to run the game if it also fails with BSOD, the error can derive because of system requirements incompatibility. Here is a list of System Requirements for RED ALERT- III on Windows platform:
    • Processor: Intel P4 2.2GHz / AMD Athlon 3000+ or better.
    • Platform: Windows XP Service Pack II.
    • Graphic card: 256 MB.
    • Hard-Drive Space: 6 GB.
    • Memory: 1 GB.