Thread: Demigod reverts back to desktop screen

Demigod reverts back to desktop screen

I am having issues with Demigod game. I have installed the game on my desktop computer. I even played the game for a week but now suddenly when I try to launch the game I get the initial screen and the game reverts back to the Desktop screen. I also happened to once get a BSOD error which actually rebooted my computer. help needed.

Reinstall: Demigod game

In my opinion I would recommend you to re-install the Demigod game. This will help the game to recover back any missing files that was restricting it from being launched on your computer. Make sure that you first un-install the previous instance of the Demigod. Hope this works well for you.

Impulse settings of Demigod

I also had to overcome the Black Screen error before playing the Demigod game. When I initially installed this game I was not able to play the game as it would always feedback with a Black Screen error. But here is the solution that worked well for me which is to be done From within Impulse. Re-install the game and try the following-
    1. Click on the logo of Stardock which is in Blue in the upper left portion.
    2. Select Preferences...
    3. Open the Folders section on the left
    4. Click on the button labeled Reset Data.
    5. To play the game without any error relaunch the game. (This may be time consuming).

System Requirements of Demigod

From me it seems to be an issue related to the system requirements of Demigod. Because I was facing a similar kind of problem with F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. Thus before you proceed to troubleshoot I prefer you to check out the system requirements for Demigod which are available on the following link Demigod System Requirements

Anti-virus issue

This is something which many tend to fail to observe. There are certain anti-virus which block the services of certain games. Also certain firewalls also tend to restrict certain game services. This in turn effects the game and the game does not starts. This is what I think is happening in your case. You may try playing the game- Demigod by disabling the anti-virus. Also make sure that your internet connection is also disabled so that there no viruses making way to your computer when the anti-virus is disabled.