Thread: Black Screen on launching Batman Arkham Asylum game

Black Screen on launching Batman Arkham Asylum game

I am using a Windows Vista computer system that has a Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel motherboard, 300 Gigs Sata Hard drive, 2 Gigs DDR2 RAM and Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX video card. I had installed Batman Arkham Asylum game. But after a month of playing this game it now has started to hang my computer when I launch this game. Though not everytime but sometimes it does happens that my computer displays a Black Screen and freezes. How to fix this issue?

The game needs to be re-installed

Such problems are a result of the game being not installed correctly. There may be some files of the games that were not installed which or might have got deleted or have been corrupted because of some reason. So thus you can always try re-installing the game. When re-installing the Batman Arkham Asylum should not display any errors to complete the setup successfully. If any error is reported while installing the Batman Arkham Asylum then do reply back with the error message.

Update Graphic Card Drivers

Blue Screen error or Black Screen error which is also termed as BSOD error is mainly due to the graphic card drivers not being up-to-date. The game might not get the required graphical support from the graphic card which causes it to end with a BSOD error. To resolve error you will have to update the driver of your graphic card. Open the Device Manager to update your Graphic card drivers.

Motherborad issue displays a Blue screen of Death

I have this issue with my old Intel DG41RQ PCI x16 motherboard. I had installed the Demigod game on my computer which used to lag a lot and on playing for more than half an hour it used to display a Blue Screen error. I had installed an extra RAM stick but that too also failed. Finally when I switched to Giga-byte Motherboard the issue was resolved. I latter came to know that there was an issue with my motherboard driver. So I suggest you to update the drivers for your motherboard or replace your motherboard.

RAM might have gone Bad

The Black Screen of Death error while playing a game on a desktop computer is hugely because of the RAM have gone bad. If you are using not the required RAM capacity for the game or a defected or corrupted RAM then there are chances of Black Screen of Death error. You can try using some other RAM to verify if the RAM is the core reason for the Black Screen of Death error.

Batman Arkham Asylum System Requirements

Before troubleshooting for any other reason to fix the problem of Black Screen in Batman Arkham Asylum I would recommend you to go through the system requirements for Batman Arkham Asylum on Windows platform. Here is the list of System requirements for Batman Arkham Asylum on Windows platform:
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or Athlon 64 X2 4600+ or equivalent
    • Graphics: 256 MB video card.
    • operating system: Windows XP onwards.
    • Memory: Above 2 Gigs