Thread: Empire Total War crashes on Windows 7

Empire Total War crashes on Windows 7

I had been playing the Empire Total War game on my Windows Vista desktop untill last month. Now I have brought the HP Pavilion Elite desktop computer which has Windows 7 operating system. I installed the Empire Total War game on this new desktop and it was installed without any problem and I had no problem playing it as well. but of late the game started to lag alot and now it randomly gives a Blue Screen of Death and crashes.

Update Motherboard Drivers

The issue of a game freezing in between or generating a BSOD error is mainly due to driver issues of the motherboard. The motherboard drivers need to be updated. I had this similar kind of issue when I changed my operating system from Windows XP to Windows Vista and played NFS Shift. I hope this also works for you.

Video Card drivers

In case you are using the old video card which you used on your Windows Vista system then the drivers are causing the game to crash. The video card drivers need to be upgraded and updated to the latest. This will enable you to play the game without any issues. Also check the video card physical connections on the motherboard.

Empire Total War needs to be re-installed

I had this problem with SIMS 3. I had updated my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I installed SIMS 3 on it. And the game used to lag alot. To overcome this I re-installed the game. and this solved the issue for me. While re-installing keep track of any error messages generated. Also before you re-install Empire Total War you will have to un-install the earlier copy of Empire Total War.

Reinstall Windows 7

Windows 7 is known to have issues with many of the newly launched games. It may be that while the games were developed they were most probably not tested for Windows 7 platform. But still to solve the problem of Random crash of Empire Total War I suggest you to re-install Windows 7. Also check that the installation disc is not corrupted and missing any required file.

Adjust Screen Resolution and check RAM

If you are using Windows 7 operating System then my recommendation is that you use 3 GB RAM for playing game without any errors or lagging. If you are using less then 3 GB RAM then add an additional RAM and see if the error persist. Also check the RAM connectivity. Adjust the screen resolution for the game.