Thread: Bioshock II BSOD error when loading saved games

Bioshock II BSOD error when loading saved games

Yesterday I purchased the newly launched Bioshock II game. I was very eager to play the game. But it all turned the other way. The game was installed without any errors or any alert messages. I was also able to play the game. I also had no issues saving the game, but the actual issue was loading the saved game. When I attempted to load a saved Bioshock II game, my desktop screen suddenly when Black and the computer restarted on its own. Since then whenever I try to load a saved game I get the BSOD error. How can this be resolved?

Delete Bioshock2SP.ini file

I am not aware whether there is any fixed solution to your above mentioned problem with loading saved games in Bioshock 2. The reason being the game being released just one day ago, it is hard to narrow down on a perfect solution. Mean while you can try deleting the Bioshock2SP.ini file to try solve the error. The file path is:
    Users/*username*/App Data/Roaming/Bioshock2/Bioshock2SP.ini

Create New Profile

I had this issue with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. When I tried to save the game it used to take long time saving the game and when I tried to load an earlier saved game I was faced by a Blue screen error. I had another profile on my computer and loaded that game through that profile and there were no issues either in saving game or loading any saved game. You may try this out for Bioshock 2 by using or creating another profile.

Reinstall the game

I think the problem is that the game was installed incorrectly and possibly some files which may be essential to load a saved game might be missing. So you may simply try uninstalling the installed game and reinstall it game. You may also try installing the game on another computer and see if the same problem is encountered on it or not.

Bioshock II Recommended System Requirements

I am also playing Bioshock-2 on my desktop computer. But there are no such issues or any other issues that I am getting while gaming in Bioshock-2. I am using Windows 7 operating System and I have a AMD Phenom X4 9950 processor on Asus Motherboard which also has ATI Radeon 512 MB video card. I suggest to have a look at the System Requirements of Bioshock-2:
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 or better, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ or better.
    • Graphics: Nvidia or ATI Radeon 512 MB video card.
    • Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows 7.
    • RAM: Over 2 gigs.
    • Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0C compliant sound card or onboard sound.
    • Hard Drive: 11 gigs.
    • DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Check your Graphic card

The game Bioshock 2 is released just a day ago. I have not yet played this game. But from my previous experiences while playing game my recommendation to solve this problem is that you check your graphic card. Unplug the graphic card from its socket and plug it on another machine that has Bioshock 2 and try saving and then open a saved game. You may even try using some other graphic card for your machine. Update graphic card drivers.

Re: Bioshock II BSOD error when loading saved games

I am having a problem saving the game. The auto save works fine but when I try to manualy save the game I get blue screen. Of course I loose all progress in the game. I have downloaded all the lates driver updates for windows, sound and video, and the game.

I am running an
    Windows XP pro (Game requirments do include windows XP)
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 6400+ 3.21 GHz
    2 GB Ram
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 Pro 7.1 24Bit Sound Card
    Nvidia Geforce GTS 250:
    Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Core Clock: 738MHz
    Shader Clock: 1782MHz
    Stream Processors: 128
    Effective Memory Clock: 2200 MHz (effective)
    DirectX: DirectX 10
    HDMI: 1 x HDMI
    D-SUB: 1 x D-SUB

Such problems occur when there is an installation error. I have experienced similar types of errors in many of the games. Many of the times, we install the games and other softwares by running various applications and programs in the background of the system. To get rid of such errors, it is advised to quit all the programs and applications before the installation has started. I guess that reinstalling the game will solve the problem. But, make sure that you do not commit the same mistake again, otherwise the problem may not be solved.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Turned out the bsod error that I was getting was due to a bad install of directx. I tried to reinstall it but still did not fix the problem I had to remove the old directx and install it fresh. My problem with saving has been resolved.