Thread: Arma 2 crashes to BSOD

Arma 2 crashes to BSOD

I have no idea as to why is this happening on my computer. Since the last two days I am unable to play ARMA 2 on my computer. Earlier it used to hang in between and then continue . But since the last two days, ARMA 2 is returning a BSOD error causing my computer to re-boot on its own. How can I fix this problem? Is it the issue with my graphic card?

Check the Computer's RAM

This issue can be because of a number of reasons. To narrow down on a basic troubleshooting step for this issue of Blue Screen Error, my suggestion to you is that you need to check the computer's RAM. The RAM might not be properly fitted in its socket. You may also try using the RAM on some other computer or use some other RAM to see if the problem persists.

Arma 2 System Requirements

The problem that you are facing is probably because there are certain system requirements for the game that your computer is unable to meet. Here is a list of the System Requirements for ARAMA II:
    • Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 3200+ or better
    • Graphics: 256 MB video card
    • Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista
    • Hard Drive Space: 10 gigs.
    • Memory: 1 gigs.
    • Internet: Internet or LAN connection required for multiplayer

Graphic Card issue

As you have described this Black Screen of Death while trying to play the game is also generated by a faulty or underated graphic card. I had installed SIMS III on my computer last month which was running very well till a period of 5 days and then it too was generating random Black Screen of Death. I just replaced the graphic card and it worked for me.

Try Re-installing Arma 2

My recommendation is that you can always try re-installing the game. It can be that some of the files were deleted or might have been corrupted. Therefore to make sure that all the files of the game are present and not corrupted I suggest you to re-install the game. This was the solution for me when my installed Call Of Duty 6 was freezing in between. Hope this works for me.

Set the Screen Resolution

Once you have reinstalled the game try setting the screen resolution accordingly to view the game graphics neatly. Try using the 1024 x 768 pixels resolution which should probably work for you. Also if you are using multiple monitors then try to run the game with only single primary monitor. In case you are using a Quad Core processor then try to make use of only a single processor while playing the game. Do not let applications be executed when you are playing the game.