Thread: IW4SP.EXE error in Modern Warfare 2

IW4SP.EXE error in Modern Warfare 2

Very recently I purchased the very popular Modern Warfare 2 video game. But I am unable to play the game. The reason being the IW4SP.EXE error. I have installed the game on my Windows Vista desktop computer that runs on a Core 2 Duo processor. If I try to launch the game from the game icon on desktop I get a IW4SP.EXE error? How can I resume playing Modern Warfare 2 game without any errors?

Reinstall Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

From your description of the issue the problem can be because the iw4sp.exe file might have been deleted unknowingly. For this to be fixed you can reinstall the game. While you reinstall Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II make sure that there is no error message for the iw4sp.exe. Also before the game is reinstalled you have to uninstall the earlier installed copy of the game.

Replace Call of Duty 6 installation disc

The issue can be because of the corrupted installation disc for Call of Duty 6. If there are any error indicating the absence of any file while installing the game or after installing the game it is likely to be because the required file was not installed as it was not present on the disc. There can be a scratch on the installation disc the did not allow the disc drive to read the file. Replace the installation disc for Call of Duty 6

CD/DVD Drive not reading the file

For me it seems as if the problem routes to your CD/DVD Drive. The CD/DVD drive might be failing to read the file thus giving you an error for the file. Use a Lens Cleaner to clean the lens of your CD/DVD drive. Also my suggestion is that you can share a CD/DVD drive from your friend or neighbour. Use other CD/DVD drive and install the game. This should work for you.

Re: IW4SP.EXE error in Modern Warfare 2

I also had the same problem when I had installed the game. I am using a Dell Inspiron 580s desktop computer to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Here is how I fixed the error of iw4sp.exe file:
    1. List in steam the game.
    2. Place your mouse cursor over Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and right click.
    3. Select the Verify Game Cache.

The fixes the issue of the iw4sp.exe file for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Windows Platform.