Thread: Unable to load call of duty 2 modern warfare on PS3

Unable to load call of duty 2 modern warfare on PS3

I got a new game that is Call Of Duty2 modern warfare to play it on my play station 3 80GB. The game is awesome it looked great in the review so i thought that i should buy this new version because i am a big fan of Call Of Duty. But one day when i was supposed to play the game on my ps3, it is saved in my hard disk and when i started the game it got stuck on screen and was not loading and a message prompt "press start button will not go any further". I tried with many methods to solve this problem but was not able to solve it. I adjusted the parentel control and set to off. Anyone please help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to load call of duty 2 modern warfare on PS3

I have a question that does your ps3 play other games perfectely or it is happening with all other games saved in the hard disk. I assuming that you are able to play other games fine, if is it that so than please try to remove any saved data of game for Modern Warefare2 and try again to open the game. This problem can be with the corrupted data which by mistakely have been saved in the hard disk of your ps3.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I would suggest you to rebuil the system of the file as i heard this method which can fix this problem. It is recomended that you do the backup of your files before doing it. To do this method you have to follow some steps which is given below and choose option "Rebuild file system".

Steps to access recovery menu of the playstation.

• 1. Switch off Playstation3.
    • 2. Try to hold the power button, the system will once again turn on and turn off.
    • 3. After the system has been turned off, press you finger one more time untill you hear two consecutive beeps.
    • 4. Once you hear the two beeps take off the finger from the power button.
    • 5. A prompt you will have to plug in the controller via usb and after that hit the PS button.
    • 6. The Recovery menu will pop up and you can have a access.

I was able to fix this problem by backing up all my saved game data and other important files and then started deleting the files from the hard disk. There is more risk in having corrupted data in the hard disk because it can effect your playstation to run slow and also other important game data which is saved, so it is better to delete. Then after that launch the disc again and it will update automatically online and play. After that you just need to put the saved game data back. And hope this could help you.

The solution is to all the ps3 users who faces this kind of problem. If you'll notice that when you launch this game the screen freezes and it doesn't move forward. So heres the solution, please turn off the play station 3 and unplug the whole system. By doing this it will reset all the memory, there might be a memory leak in the game which is causing this kind of problem. So goodluck my friend.