Thread: Borderlands displays error 1722 on Windows 7

Borderlands displays error 1722 on Windows 7

I have installed Borderlands game on my Dell Studio XPSTM 8100 desktop. But though I feel my desktop meets the necessary requirements for the game there is an error displayed when Installing Borderlands. The game Borderlands displays error 1722. How to surpass the error to complete installation?

Re: Borderlands displays error 1722 on Windows 7

I am also using a Dell Studio One desktop. And I usually use it for gaming purpose. I had no issues as such installing any game uptill now. I have installed Far Cry, SIMS-3, Call of Duty 6 as well as Borderlands. The issue that you are facing might be because you hard drive is unable to read data from the game disc. I suggest you to try using other disk drive to install the game as the one that you are using may have gone bad.

Need to check the Installtion CD

I guess that the installation CD is faulty. Though I am not sure, but I also had some similar kind of error while installing SIMS III on my computer. And even though my computer configuration met the requirements for the game it was unable to install game. I then thought of replacing the installation CD to see if it works and this worked for me. So I guess you can try replacing the installation CD.

Windows Registry Editing

The error 1722 can be fixed by editing the Windows Registry. Here is how you can fix the error from the Windows Registry Editor:
    1. Open the registry editor of Windows by filling regedit in the run or search box as per your version of Windows operating system.
    2. Check the following registry entry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    3. Once the above entry is browsed you will need to define %SystemRoot%\Inf for the DevicePath value.

Borderlands displays error setupdll\setupdll.cpp (391) on Windows 7

Thanks for your suggestions. I have surpassed the earlier mentioned error 1722 for Borderlands. But now I am faced by a new error message yet again. The message informs about the setupdll\setupdll.cpp (391) file. Even though I have tried re-installing the game the error message is displayed every time. Help me to surpass this error as well.

Rename the InstallShield directory

The error can be fixed by renaming a Borderlands file in the Program Files Folder which is usually located in the C-Drive. To perform this you need to do the process mentioned below:
    1. Browse to Common Files Folder in you Program Files Folder in the C Drive i.e. C:\Program Files\Common Files\
    2. In here browse to InstallShield directory.
    3. Right click on it and rename it.
    4. Now try installing the game again.

Verify the System Requirements of Borderlands

Such issues may occur as a result of some required component either missing or not up to the required mark. Also it can be that some of the required components needs to be updated. Also many games are yet not compatible with Windows 7 as it is relatively a new operating system. Verify the System Requirements of Borderlands:
    • Video Card: 256 MB Video Card.
    • Memory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)
    • Processor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor
    • Operating System: Windows XP/Vista
    • DirectX: 9.0c
    • Sound Card: Windows compatible sound card
    • Hard Drive: 8 GB free
    • DVD Rom Drive
    • Keyboard and Mouse