Thread: Mass Effect 2 Freezing Intermittently

Mass Effect 2 Freezing Intermittently

I am playing the Mass Effect 2 game since it was launched. But from last few days it started freezing intermittently. I cannot play this game more than 15 minutes because it freezes after 15 minutes. It gets slow down for sometime and after a while it behaves normally. I am not aware why Mass Effect 2 Freezing Intermittently . Please help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Mass Effect 2 Freezing Intermittently

You are facing this problem due to improper installation you can get this problem solved by reinstalling this game. So you must try to get the windows uninstaller and with the help of the windows uninstaller remove all the traces of the Mass Effect 2 present in your system. After this has been dom=ne install the game once again.

This problem might be due to you have not installed proper graphic card or there is something wrong with your graphic card . That's why it is recommended that you must check it in the device manager. If it's installed correctly it will be detected in the device manager of your system. please check it and reply further.

I think that you must install the game on your hard drive.After installing the game Go to the console option and try to turn off "auto start game". Then put in the game and press Y on the game picture. After that select install to the hard drive. If problem persists still then the problem must be due to the CD. Check whether the CD is dirty or not. If it is then try to use the cd cleaner and then clean it.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Hi everyone thanks for the replies. None of the solutions which you all have specified seems to be working. The re-installation have also not worked and also i have checked the graphic card but this is also working quiet nicely according to the device manager. If possible please post the recommended system requirement.

As you have asked for the recommended system configuration i am providing you with the same below just go through it

• 2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel/equivalent AMD CPU
    • Windows XP SP3 / Windows Vista SP1 / Windows 7
    • 2 GB RAM
    • ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better, recommended
    • 100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
    • DirectX August 2008