Thread: msvcr80.dll error in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

msvcr80.dll error in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

My computer is giving an error message for msvcr80.dll in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. I have just played the game without any errors on Windows Vista platform and after installing the same game on Windows 7 platform I am getting this error. I have purchased a official original version F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. Help me to fix the problem. Is it got any thing to do with Windows 7?

Use Minimum Graphics

From your given description about the error in FEAR II, I suggest you to use minimum graphics to launch the game. If the FEAR 2 game is able to continue after minimizing the use of graphics then the issue was because the video card drivers were not updated. I guess since you have switched from Windows Vista to Windows 7 you should check for all the driver software which are to be updated. This can be viewed from the Device Manager. If even after minimizing the graphics is not sorting the issue then probably your graphic card has gone bad.

System Requirements for Project Origin

Usually such issues are a result of incompatibility of the System Requirements of the installed game and the system specification. Therefore it becomes necessary to first verify the requirements of game before installing it. Following are the System Requirements for Project Origin:
    • Graphical Support: Minimum 256v MB.
    • Processor: Athlon 64 3200+ or Intel Dual Core 2.8 Ghz or better
    • Operating System: Windows XP / Windows Vista (Windows 7 not released when FEAR 2 was launched)
    • Optical Drive: DVD (boxed only)
    • Memory: 2 Gigs.
    • Hard-drive space: 13 gigs.
    • Internet: Broadband
    • DirectX: 9.0c

Improper Installation of FEAR-II

The error for msvcr80.dll file indicates that the installation of FEAR-II was improper. The file msvcr80.dll is either corrupted or is missing. For you to solve this error I prefer you to re-install the game. Also when you re-install the game check for any error messages if displayed during the installation process. Verify that your CD/DVD Drive is functioning properly in terms of reading dat from the CD/DVD.

Use only one monitor

The game has short-coming that has been noted by a number of users who tend to deploy more than one monitor screen for the single game. It is been noted that the game crashes or freezes when played with two monitors on same system. Disconnect if any secondary monitor is used. If the desktop icon of the game cause the error try using the Start Menu icon to play the game.

Re: msvcr80.dll error in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Can be corrected in two ways

1) re-install the game

2) Update your directx from Microsoft's official website