Thread: Silent Hunter III issue in Windows 7

Silent Hunter III issue in Windows 7

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have installed Silent Hunter III in my system and the game is unable to even open up while executing. I have no idea what could have been gone wrong. Please help me out in order to make the things to work out. It would be a great help. Thank you.

Re: Silent Hunter III issue in Windows 7

The game that you are trying to use is actually and older version. You need to use the latest version of the game. This will help you out in making the game to work out well. This is necessary to make the things to work out for the same. As you are using Windows 7 as the operating system so it is necessary that the application that you use should be able to cope up with the same.

As you are not able to execute the game it is necessary that to check out for the compatibility mode that would be able to make the application to work out. This is because it may that the game would work in the previous versioon of the operating system. Try to install the compatibility tools from the compatibility tool center in order to work out the application under Windows 7. Check out.

There is a way through which you can make the things to work out in your way that is to make the application to execute. You need to run the system under safe mode. As safe mode has low features and it do not have advance application enabled that may not allow to execute the process. So check out whether it does work out by running the system to work out.

You could make the things to work under your way by making a clean boot process.

1) Click on the start button.
    2) Now type msconfig and hit enter while in search box.
    3) Under the selective startup tab choose Hide all Microsoft services.
    4) Disable the services.
    5) Now restart the system.

Hope this would work out for you
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

There may an issue with the direct X files that you need to install. Remove the direct x files that is been installed and then reinstall it with the latest version or pack of the thing. As you are using Windows 7 also update your drivers that is associated with the game application that is the video card and the graphic card. This may help you out in configuring the game very well.