Thread: Sims 3 displays a data error CRC error

Sims 3 displays a data error CRC error

I have been gifted SIMS 3 computer game on my birthday last week. I had installed the game on my Windows Vista platform.But now it is giving me a data error CRC error. I do not know how to fix this issue. This is the first game I have installed on Windows Vista. I am using a AMD Radeon HD 4850 512MB Video Card. My computer's RAM memory is of 3 GB.

Windows Defragmenter

It can be solved by running the Windows Defragmenter. The Defragmenter will defragment the files on hard drive to assemble them properly. It has been noted that the CRC (cyclic redundancy check error) error can be resolved easily by just Defragmenting the hard drive. You can browse to the Windows Defragmenter by right clicking on the Local Drives icons in My Computer and opening the Tools Tab.

Sims 3 EA download Manager version

This issue is very often noted for users who used the EA Download Manager version of The Sims 3. The reason is that the download was not completed and was halted in between. But still it is possible to resolve the issue by using the steps mentioned below:
    1. Log-in to EA Download Manager.
    2. There will be a Red X located on the upper side in the right corner. Click on this Red X to empty cache of EA Download Manager.
    3. Restart the download of Sims 3 and do not halt it in between.

Try reinstalling SIMS 3

In any case you can always try re-installing the game. These errors are usually caused by improper installation of the game or may be that the installation had missed on some required file. Thus to overcome these errors you can always try reinstalling SIMS 3. Hope this sorts out the issue for you.

Toshiba laptops issues with SIMS 3

If you are using a Toshiba laptops that has MATSHTA DVD-RAM UJ-841S DVD drives then SIMS 3 is expected to have a number of problems. The reason for his is because the Sims-3 DRM and MATSHTA DVD-RAM UJ-841S DVD drives interference. So you may try installing the game on some other computer and check if it runs successfully.