Thread: Running Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 results in Fatal Blue Screen error

Running Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 results in Fatal Blue Screen error

I have purchased the legal copy of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 which is also known as Call of Duty 6. I also had to make certain system upgrade to accommodate the game on my computer. I upgraded my processor to AMD Phenom II X2 3.1 GHz. Also am using a new Gigabyte motherboard that host onboard graphics of 512 MB and also added an external video card- Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT which is of 1 GB. I am now using 2 RAM sticks of 2 gigs each. I also installed Windows 7 Genuine Home Edition. But when I run Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, it results in Fatal Blue Screen error.

Check your RAM connection

The problem can be caused because the RAM sticks are not properly placed in their respective sockets. Open your computer cabinet and very gently remove the RAMs from its slot and then fix them back in making sure that they are properly fitted. Also check that the operating frequency of the RAMs are matching. Use some old RAM sticks if you have to see if the Blue Screen Error exists or not. If the use of some other RAM does not results in Blue Screen Error then your RAM are probably causing the problem.

Reinstall the game

I had installed Crysis WarHead on my computer which also would freeze when I tried playing the game on my Windows 7 platform. I initially thought that it was an issue with Windows 7 but the issue was resolved when I re-installed the game. So I hope re-installing the game also works for you to resolve the Blue Screen Error.

Verify the Graphic card connectivity

This issue of Blue Screen while playing a game on Windows platform can be because of a range of specific reasons that also involves a faulty graphic card. It can be that you need to verify the Graphic card connectivity as it can be loosen from it socket on the motherboard. You can unplug the graphic card and plug it back in without twisting it bending. Also see if the graphic is detected or not to verify its connectivity.

Windows 7 needs to be reinstalled

From the description of your query it seems the issue can be because the newly installed operating system is not working properly. This can be because the installation disc was corrupted or the disc drive is gone bad or some installation files was not installed. In any circumstance it is a good practice to reinstall the operating system to deal the Blue Screen Error. Therefore from my point of view I think the Windows 7 needs to be reinstalled.