Thread: What is Garena Client?

What is Garena Client?

Hello friends, I am really new to gaming and I dont know how to play Games onlines. I regularly Play Counter Strike on my computer and I want to play it on Internet. I have tried connecting the servers from the Internet Tab of the Counter strike but I am not able to connect. I have heard that there is software called as Garena which helps you in playing several games online. I want to know What is Garena Client and how does it work. Also if there are any other alternatives for playing Counter strike online then please let me know.
    Last edited by Rafaeel; 28-01-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Re: What is Garena Client?

To play games online it is required to have a good Internet connection. THe performance of the games changes during playing online. Lot of data has to be transferred while playing the games online. If the internet connection is slow the data transfer rate is low which creates problems while gaming. Slow Internet connection gives high latency while playing which results in lag while playing. Hence check your Internet connectivity first on the online website which is Speedtest and Pingtest and check if the link is good for online gaming or not.

As most of the gamers are not able to play online due to slow Internet connections, hence Garena was developed in order to change the world into one single virtual cyber cafe. Garena is a virtual Lan software which helps you play games online as if we are playing them on LAN. To be able to play games online using LAN, we have to download and install Garena on the computer. Once the software is installed, create an username and password. Login to Garena and then join any room for the game which you want to play depending on the country you are playing from.

There are many virtual LAN software's available online which can be used to games online. The basic of these software is to create a virtual subnet in which all the gamers connect. Once all the gamers are in one subnet, all the computers act as if they are in one LAN and hence the latency and the pings are low. Hamachi is one such software which can be used to play Counter strike online. Install Hamachi and then create a separate virtual network, tell others to join the network. Then start the game and open the LAN tab, you will be able to see the available servers.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

If you have really good Internet connection then there is no need for any software to play Counter Strike online. Once the Game is started, open the Internet tab. Now the game will search for all the available servers online. You can change the filters according to the latency you need. Select the lowest possible latency and then see if there are any servers giving latency lower than what you have selected. Join the server with lowest latency. Thats what you all need to do for playing Counter Strike online.

Steam is the software you need to play Counter Strike online. Steam is the software which is developed by Valve to enable online gaming in Steam. Steam has to be purchased and then installed on the computer in order to play counter strike online. Steam can be purchased along with the original CD of the Counter Strike. Install Steam and then create a user id on it. Connect to steam and then login to it using User name and password. Once logged in, launch Counter Strike from the Steam and then go to Internet tabs. You will be able to see all the official servers which are powered by Steam.