Thread: Why cant I play Counter strike on Garena?

Why cant I play Counter strike on Garena?

Hello friends, I have desktop PC which has following configuration, Intel Dual Core processor 2ghz, Intel 945G motherboard, Nvidia Graphic card 5200 and 2gb Ram. I Play Counter Strike on my computer, but it lags when I play it. Also I want to play Counter Strike online and for that I downloaded Garena software. I installed it but I am Not able to play Counter strike on Garena. Whenever I click on Start game, Half life opens instead of Counter Strike. Does Counter strike needs some settings so that I am able to play counter strike on Garena?. The configuration of my computer is good enough to the run the game, but still it lags. So please help me If any body has solutions for this.

Re: Why cant I play Counter strike on Garena?

As you have mentioned that you are using Dual core processor which can be reason why your game is lagging. Dual core processor has two processors. When any application is started, these two processors starts processing the application separately. As both the processors are processing the same application separately, it causes lag in the applications especially during executing gaming application. Download and install Dual core gaming fix and install it on the computer. This fix disables one processor while executing a gaming application and hence reduces the lag.

Nvidia graphic cards come with pre- settings which are required for running graphics editing software. If the same settings are used to run an gaming application then the graphic card does not perform well and creates problems while playing the games. Hence to play the games with peak performance the settings of the graphic card has to be changed. Right click on the desktop and select graphic properties. Now select Manage 3D settings. Now Highlight Vertical sync and select Force off. Highlight Triple Buffering and select Force off. Highlight Anistropic Filtering and then select Force off. Now Select the Flipping Policy as Blit. Now save the settings and then see if the game lags while playing or not.

Just installing the Garena client will not help you in playing Counter Strike online. You will have to create an Account in Garena Client so that you can login to the client using it. To create a new account in Garena, open the Garena Client and then click on Sign Up. There are no charges applied on creation of the account. Select the login ID and keep an appropriate password. Once the registration completes, open the Client and login using the ID and Password which you have created. Once you login in Garena, Join the Counter Strike room, depending on the version of Counter strike and the country from which you are playing. Then Click on Start game and go to Lan tabs to see the local running server.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Counter Strike is developed on the same engine of the Half life, hence whenever Counter strike is started, some times Half life opens if the target in the properties of the counter strike is not set properly. Open the Garena client and then join counter strike room. Once any room is joined, click on the settings next to the start game option. In settings, select the Counter Strike Icon and then give the location of the Counter strike executable file. Then in the bootstrap parameters, type "-nomaster -game cstrike" and then save it. Now click on start game. Instead of Half Life, Counter Strike will open.

Performance of the games while playing online highly depends on the Internet connection which you are using. While playing online lot of data is exchanged, if the Internet connection is slow the transfer will take lot of time which will hamper the performance of the game. Garena client is a virtual lan software which only reduces the latency to a certain extent. If the internet connection itself is slow then you will not be able to connect to the Garena Servers. Hence check the Internet connectivity first while trying to play online.