Thread: Wii Error code 32002 while updating

Wii Error code 32002 while updating

Hi,

I recently purchased a Wii but I am unable to update it. I get Wii Error code 32002 while updating and the details about the error message: "unable to perform wii system update b/c of an internet error. please try again later." I have tried the website but i cannot seem to find a solution. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Re: Wii Error code 32002 while updating

Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. I highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available)

Make sure you have entered the correct DNS into the Wii console manual configuration (link). You can verify this, follow these steps:

1. Click the "Start" button
    2. Click "Run".
    3. Type "cmd" into the box and press Enter.
    4. Type "IPCONFIG / ALL" and press Enter.
    5. The subnet mask, default gateway, primary DNS (first on the list), and secondary DNS (second on the list) will display the information. Make sure the information you have entered into the Wii console manual settings appear exactly as shown.
    6. If you have more than one DNS server in the list, try changing the first and second on the Wii primary and secondary DNS server slots.

I had a similar problem (Error Code 32002) for Wii, the problem was Wii, that was not being able to communicate with the router, it turned out I was using a "common" channel for your wireless network. IIRC, then changed the channel (for your wireless router or connection). And its working fine now.

I found a solution to this. I was able to pass the connection test, but I getting error code 32002 during upgrade. The solution proved to manually enter the IP address of the DNS that my wireless router used. For Linksys routers, enter the IP address of the router by default (192.168.1.1) enter the password and user name (default is admin wireless card / admin) then click, now select a different wireless channel of Table down. Fix not guaranteed to work for all consoles.

If you make changes to your wireless router and have a computer that uses the router, you will also need to upgrade your computer to match the new configuration on the router. Also note that, if your router is using WEP (encryption), make sure your Wii is set to the same encryption. Make sure the MTU in the router match those entered on your Wii.