Thread: AI War: Fleet Command hangs with a Blue Screen of Death

AI War: Fleet Command hangs with a Blue Screen of Death

I have been playing AI War: Fleet Command since the last 5 months on my desktop. Recently I had upgraded my desktop. I had earlier installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 which now I upgraded to Windows Vista Service Pack 1. I was able to play the AI War: Fleet Command in Windows XP but now with Windows Vista the game just hangs with a Blue Screen of Death Error. What can be the reason for this?

Reinstall the game

The blue screen can be caused by improper installation of the game. It can be that the game was not installed properly. Might be that a required file for the game to be running have not been installed due to some or the other reason. I therefore suggest you to reinstall the game. Verify that the game is installed with all its component.

Check the installation Disc

The problem can be caused because the installation disc was corrupted. I had this similar problem with the latest SIMS 3 game where it would hang and if I had to continue that I would have to restart my computer. I then figured out that the installation disc was indeed corrupted. You can try installing the game on some other computer hosting Windows Vista.

Windows Vista was not installed properly

If the game was running on Windows XP then the game can surely run on Windows Vista as well. I feel that the operating system might be responsible for this. My suggestion is that you re-install the Windows Vista operating system and make sure that none of the installation files are missing. Usually the Blue Screen error is caused by any operating system related issues.

RAM can be causing the game to hang

The AI War: Fleet Command is expected to work without any issues in Windows Vista as well as Widows XP. The possible reason can be the RAM (Random Access Memory). If the RAM is not fitted properly or the RAM has gone bad then also the game can hang resulting into a Blue Screen Error. Unplug the RAM from its slot and clean the slot. Plug it properly back in its slot. If still the game does not runs then your RAM can be faulty.

Graphic Card gone bad

I have installed NFS: Shift on my Windows Vista based computer system. The game was running well enough till two months back after which the game would hang after a few seconds. The issue was because of the graphic card that had gone bad. I purchased a new graphic card of Nvidia Geforce 9 series and my problem was solved. Change your graphic card and see if the issue gets solved or not.