Thread: Unable to join Age of Empires 3 multiplayer game

Unable to join Age of Empires 3 multiplayer game

Hi,

I trying to play Age of Empires 3 multiplayer game on lan. I am running the game windows 7 on one computer and the other with windows xp connected through a router and firewall for Microsoft between machines. I tried everything I can, including turning off the firewall, but I can not play between the two machines. The XP creates the game, the Win 7 you can see the game, but when I click Add and the screen can not join game. Everything else on the network works well. Can you tell me why I am not able to join Age of Empires 3 multiplayer game. Any suggestions ???

Re: Unable to join Age of Empires 3 multiplayer game

When you start Age of Empires, other software may start with the operating system. These programs (including antivirus and system utility) can sometimes disrupt the game This may cause your return to the desktop, displaying an error message during a multiplayer session, or blocking the game When you restart the computer clean before starting the installation program, you prevent these programs from starting automatically. Perhaps the manufacturer has released a firmware update for the router that fixes a specific problem for a particular game or simulation. Updating firmware can also extend the functionality of the device or to improve its performance.

Verify that you have installed DirectX. Be sure to install DirectX, as well as in the presence of the correct versions of all files, DirectX, follow these steps: Open Diagnostic Tool DirectX. Click Start Enter dxdiag in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue button. If problems are found, reinstall DirectX. Select the Network tab. Make sure that there are no signs of problems in DirectPlay.

I have the same issues while playing Age of Empires 3 multiplayer game online. My problem is that I am not able to play an online game session. I frequently get disconnected while playing the game. I have checked my internet connection, it gives me proper speed. Then why I am not able to play constantly ???

A game with multiple users running at the speed of the connection or computer game slower. To view information on the scores and game performance of all players in the game, click the S in the lower right corner of the game screen. To reduce network latency, close the game, log Zone, restart your Internet connection and then restart the game.

There are three basic types of broadband connections: a direct connection, the connection with a router and share the Internet connection. Typically, such connections using additional hardware (such as an external modem, router, switch, hub or firewall). Connect to the Internet directly, To determine whether the problem is caused by network equipment, connect to the Internet directly, using only the DSL or cable modem or refer to your router manufacturer for information about setting up the perimeter network (also known as the demilitarized zone, DMZ or screened subnet).