Thread: NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP

NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP

Hello everybody, I have installed NFS Carbon recently in my system. The problem is that NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP. I cannot understand why this happening, since the game with the same setup ran well in all my friends computers. If anyone can help me with this problem, please reply with suitable suggestions as soon as possible.

Re: NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP

Have a look at the system requirements of NFS Carbon. You may get an idea why NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP.
    Minimum:
    1. Processor: Pentium 4/1.4 GHz
    2. RAM: 256 MB
    3. Graphics: D3D graphics adapter 64 MB VRAM

Optimum:
    1. Processor: Pentium 4/2.8 GHz
    2. RAM: 1 GB
    3. Graphics: D3D 128 MB VRAM
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP and if the same setup ram well in any of your friend's system, then I think that there must have been some problem during the installation of the game. Such errors are called as installation errors and they occur when you run other applications in the background of the installation process. To avoid such errors, it is recommended to exit all applications before going through the installation. I suggest you to reinstall the game and your problem will be solved.

The setup must have become corrupt because of which NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP. This problem occurs when the same setup disc is used for a long time. I advice to to install the game from any other disc or simply download the setup from the internet and then try installing the game. I suppose that the game will run fine without any problems.

Hello there, I was having the same problem that NFS Carbon was giving black screen in Windows XP. I have a dual boot system in my machine, that is I have 2 operating systems. One is Windows XP and the other is Windows 7. I tried first in Windows XP and I got a black screen and then, the nfs.exe error. Then, I tried to run the same in Windows 7. The game simply started without setting it in the compatibility mode. I suggest to try installing it in some other operating system. it may work fine.

According to me, NFS Carbon gives black screen in Windows XP in your system, since it must not have the minimum requirements for the game to run. I suggest you to upgrade the system and most importantly the RAM and the video card. After that, reinstall the game and then try to run in your system. I am sure that your problem will be solved because the black screen errors come due to low system components only.