Thread: NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7

NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7

I am using a dual boot system with Windows XP and Windows 7. When I tried installing NFS Carbon in Windows XP, it did not run properly. It gave me a black screen. But, it started properly in Windows 7. But, now when I am playing the game, NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7. Sometimes it works proper, but occasionally it lags. Please help with some solutions to this problem.

Re: NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7

Hello there, I was having the same problem as NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7. At first, I did not have any idea why this is happening. There may be many unwanted processes running in Windows 7. I suggest you to terminate these unwanted processes and then restart the game. This may probably solve the problem. The game works well when I do this same technique in my system.

I am using Windows Vista operating system and I do not have any problems like NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7. There are many problems like this one in Windows 7, including the incompatibilities. In the dual boot system I suggest you to use Windows Vista in place of Windows XP and then, try playing the game. I am sure that your problem will be solved.

NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7 because this operating system uses a lot of graphic memory. This is because there are many in-built components running and they utilize a lot of memory resources. The main problem is the theme that Windows 7 has. The desktop background changes automatically after an interval of half an hour. Disable the theme and also close the system components and then play the game. It will run perfectly fine.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I suggest many users that they should not install Windows 7 operating system, since they have problems like NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7. The incompatibility problem is the main issue with this operating system. Another problem is that it is too expensive as compared to the other operating systems in the market. If you upgrade from Windows XP, you will have to do a clean install. So, in short it is better to quit Windows 7.

NFS Carbon lags in Windows 7, since there must be some incompatibility issue. To get rid of this problem, run the game in the compatibility mode. This can be done by doing the compatibility troubleshoot for this particular game. If still it has the same problems, then have a look at the system requirements for NFS Carbon:
    Minimum:
    • Processor: Pentium 4/1.4 GHz
    • RAM: 256 MB
    • Graphics: D3D graphics adapter 64 MB VRAM

Optimum:
    • Processor: Pentium 4/2.8 GHz
    • RAM: 1 GB
    • Graphics: D3D 128 MB VRAM
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"