Thread: Xbox 360 Error Message: “Invalid Connection Data”

Xbox 360 Error Message: “Invalid Connection Data”

Hi,

I have Dell Optiplex 755 MCE PC. My problem is with my xbox 360. The Internet connection works for Xbox Live, and works as a wireless internet connection through which I can play music and show photos between the PC and the Xbox. But I have nothing more than "invalid connection data" error message when trying to connect to the computer as a Media Center Extender. What is the problem?

Re: Xbox 360 Error Message: “Invalid Connection Data”

It is possible that the IP address that you typed in the Network Configuration section of the Xbox Dashboard may be incorrect. Verify that the IP address work on the computer. If so, check that the settings are the same on the computer and the Xbox. If this does not solve the problem, turn off the modem for 30 seconds, turn it on again and then again try to access the Connection Status screen.

Verify that the configuration of DNS servers match the settings provided by your ISP. There is a problem with your ISP's DNS servers. If you entered the DNS server information in the Network Settings section of the Xbox Dashboard, verify that it matches the one provided by your ISP. If the data confirm that DNS is configured properly in the Xbox Dashboard, check with your ISP to see if the DNS server addresses have changed. If your ISP does not need to manually configure DNS servers (DNS settings are set to "Automatic" in the Xbox Dashboard), may have a problem with your ISP's DNS servers. Check with your ISP to check the status of DNS servers.

Some modems automatically detect the cable type in use and also can automatically switch to run either a crossover cable and direct one. Others, however, expressly require the use of one of two wires. If you're not sure what type of cable you use, check with your ISP or modem manufacturer. Also, be sure to use an Ethernet cable and not another (a telephone cable RJ-11, for example).

The ISP keeps track of network information (MAC address or hostname of the computer) and not allow any device (except the computer) has access to the connection. If this is the case, you can configure the Xbox to spoof the MAC address or hostname of the computer. Set these values in the Advanced Network Settings section of the Xbox Dashboard. Verify PPPoE is checked in the Network Configuration section of the Xbox Dashboard, while the ISP's PPPoE server is disabled. Check your ISP to see if there is some disruption.

You have to get the names of the DNS servers of your ISP and enter them in the Network Configuration section of the Xbox Dashboard. If the problem persists, or if the message is flashing, it is possible that the ISP has network problems.