Thread: Blue Screen Error with PainKiller: Resurrection

Blue Screen Error with PainKiller: Resurrection

I had recently installed Painkiller: Resurrection on my desktop computer. I am using Windows Vista operating system. I had no issue while installing the Painkiller: Resurrection game on my computer but now when I start the game, it gives a Blue Screen Error and the game hangs for a few seconds and then my computer would restart again. I have played the game only twice and since then I am getting this Blue Screen error.

Re-install Painkiller Resurrection

There could be some alteration that were done to the installed Painkiller Resurrection settings. This might be resulting in the Blue Screen error that you are getting. I guess it could be solved by re-installing the Painkiller Resurrection game again. While installing you should make sure that all the necessary files are loaded from the installation disc. Uninstall the current Painkiller Resurrection file.

Check the installation CD

I had bought the original installation CD of GTA-4 and installed the game on my computer. I too had no problem or any error messages while installing the game. But when I clicked on the desktop icon of GTA-4 it would just cause my system to hang and then my computer would reboot on its own. I installed the game on another computer and there also the same was noticed. So this can be the case with you as well. Get the installation CD replaced and check if the error persist.

System requirements for Pain Killer Resurrection

You may verify if your system configuration qualifies for Pain Killer Resurrection by matching the following system requirements of Pain Killer Resurrection:
    • Operating System: Windows XP or better.
    • Graphics: 256MB Graphics Adapter
    • Processor: AMD/Intel 2.4 GHz
    • RAM Memory: 1.5 Gigs RAM
    • Hard-drive space: 6 gigs

The problem seems to be with some system requirements of Pain Killer Resurrection. Hope the above system requirements help you to verify any system requirements which your system might be missing on.

Check if your Graphic card is plugged in properly or not

It can be an issue with your graphic card. To make sure that your graphic card is plugged in properly or not you would have to open the computer's cabinet. Power off your computer and open the computer's cabinet. Then unplug the graphic card. Make sure that the graphic card is not bended. Clean the socket and fit the graphic card back in its place.

The RAM can be faulty

There was this similar issue that I had with ARMA II. I was not able to play that game. I then installed Batman: Arkham Asylum and ere again I had the same issue. I contacted my computer technician to assist me to solve the issue and it turned out that one of the two 1 GB RAM had gone bad. You might be also having the same issue so verify the same.