Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-01-2010

How to record video of Urban Terror

Hi, i found some good solutions for games query here on this forum and hence i am here to get a help regarding Urban Terror. But is related to recording or making the gameplay video of the game. Actually i wanna make a Urban Terror gameplay video to post it on Youtube or so. Do you guys have any idea how to do that on Windows or any other operating system ? Any help will be appreciated.!!
Old 16-01-2010

Re: How to record video of Urban Terror

Well, you can make a gameplay video of Urban Terror easily and save it in MJPEG but as you said you wanna post it on Youtube, you need to convert it in AVI format, which is better. In order to record the video, start the game and when you are in the game just press F12, it will start the recording.

Remember that the average of video size will be 6 MB per 10 minutes and will be saved in Dm_68 file format under c: \ Program Files \ UrbanTerror \ q3ut4 \ demos under Windows. When you start the recording, you will see that the registration has begun at the top of the screen. Note that when the registration is in. Dm_68, quit the game and adjust the graphics settings and level of maximum detail (textures) of Urban Terror to have the good resolution.
Old 16-01-2010

Thats correct. I use to make the gameplay video of Urban Terror with the same steps. If you wanna see the demo you just recorded than go to the Demo menu, and run the same.Early in the demo, press SHIFT + ESC to bring up the console, then type / video monitoring of the ENTER key. Press then immediately SHIFT + ESC to hide the console (if it appears in the video). Urban Terror begins to create the file. AVI. Make sure you don't press any button, if you press any button, Urban Terror continues to play the demo. You just have to wait for the demo, or stop it with the command / stopvideo

The video is created in the directory: c: Program FilesUrbanTerrorq3ut4videos Windows. And as you said for any other operating system, it will be created under ~ / .q3a/q3ut4/videos in Linux .
Old 16-01-2010

Thanks for sharing this useful info, friends. Its really helpful. I guess you might also be knowing that Urban Terror 4.1 has a bug which limits the size of the AVI file to 2 GB that corresponds to-10 minutes of play in 800x600 of resolution. In order to over come this you need to follow this. Launch the video first and when the video ends up see the view. Reviving the demo in Urban Terror and type / video shortly before the end of the first video (look for yourself with the time remaining in the game.)
Old 16-01-2010

The AVI files produced by Urban Terror is MJPEG, that is very inefficient in compression. I'll suggest you to convert it to H264 whose video quality is almost equivalent, but much smaller. In addition, most sites video sharing (YouTube, DailyMotion, etc..) H264/AAC preferred format.
Old 16-01-2010

Hey thanks for your quick and valuable replies, friend.. I really appreciate for this. Now as you said to convert the video to H264, one of my friend suggested me to do this with and application called as AVIdemux. Is it perfect for the same ? If yes, please let me know how to use AVIdemux ? Thanks again.
Old 16-01-2010

Yeah, AVIdemux is better for this job. Here is how to convert Urban Terror video to with AVIdemux:-
  1. Start AVIdemux and upload your video.
  2. Advance Video (eg with the left and right buttons "step") to the image, where the console is no longer visible, then click the button "A" to signal the start of the video that you interest.
  3. Then go to the end of the video and click the button "B".
  4. Only the segment A. .. B will be registered.
  5. In the type of video, select "MPEG4 AVC (x264)" (which corresponds to the H264) and click "Configure"
  6. Then, choose two assists - Video size "for better quality, then the size of the video you want.
  7. For audio, choose "AAC (FAAC)".
  8. Click "Save" and enter a filename. Avi:
  9. You just have to let them do the conversion, which may take some time.
Thats it.!!!

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , , , ,