Thread: Xbox downloadable games won't play

Xbox downloadable games won't play

HI, i am having a Xbox 360 at my home and playing games on it since last 10 months. It works fine but yesterday i download SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 and saved it on my Xbox hard drive. Now when i am trying to play the game my gaming console gives me an error message saying "the file has become corrupted". The download completed successfully than why Xbox is giving this error ? Is it the problem with every downloadable games on Xbox ? How to fix it ? please help

Re: Xbox downloadable games won't play

You get this kind of errors on rare cases. You can check whether the game is corrupted or not. If it is corrupted you will see a yellow exclamation mark that stats the game is Corrupt. To determine this go to the Xbox Dashboard in the System area, select Memory, and then press the A button. Now select the storage location and press A to confirm. Go to games, select the game and again press A button. Now finally select the select the saved game, and then press the A button. If the saved game file is corrupted, it will be marked as Corrupt Content and will have a yellow exclamation mark.

Delete the downloadable content, and then download the content again.To delete downloadable game content that is corrupted, follow these steps:
    Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using your Gamertag.
    • In the Xbox Dashboard, select System, and then press the A button.
    • Select Memory, and then press the A button.
    • On the Storage Devices screen, select Hard Drive, and then press the A button.
    • On the Hard Drive screen, select Games, and then press the A button.
    • On the Games screen, select the game title that you want, and then press the A button.
    • On the individual game screen, select the downloadable content that you want to delete, and then press the A button.
    • On the content screen, press the A button to delete the content.
    • Note Delete is the only option that is available on this screen.
    • On the Delete Item screen, select Yes, and then press the A button to confirm the action.
    • On the individual game screen, press the B button four times to return to the System section.
    • Start the game that you want. Then, sign in to Xbox LIVE to download the game content again.

You can copy any item from one Xbox 360 Memory Unit to another Xbox 360 Memory Unit or to an Xbox 360 Hard Drive. You can also create free space on a storage device by deleting items. To copy or delete an item, follow these steps:
    C
    1. onnect the hard drive or insert the memory unit if necessary. On the Dashboard, select System, and then select Memory.
    2. Select the memory device that you want to access.
    3. Select the kind of content that you want to copy or to delete, and then select the item that you want to copy or delete.
    4. Select the appropriate option to copy or delete the item.

If you delete the downloadable content, and if the issue is not resolved, delete the game. Try to download the game again from a good sites, as this also matters. Membership at a website that can provide you with Xbox 360 game downloads for a small fee. but this sites provide quality of downloads.

For more help on playing games on Xbox 360, just go through this:-

Xbox 360 won't read any discs
    How to play original Xbox Games on Xbox 360