Thread: Gears of war 2 : Screen freezes during gameplay

Gears of war 2 : Screen freezes during gameplay

Hi,

Recently when I play Gears of war 2 the Screen freezes during gameplay, but all my other games such as GOW, PGR3, Saints Row etc are all fine. Ive tried two different copies and still produce the same problem. It happens only on Gears Of War 2, and only that game. It began to happen much more frequently after the title of the update 3. When the screen freezes and stops pulling and distorting the screen a bit, and my character is immediately frozen and the Xbox controller stops responding and the CD stops spinning, well, it happens leaves me having to start back to my xbox to play.

Re: Gears of war 2 : Screen freezes during gameplay

If the problem occurs when the Xbox hard disk is connected, and if cleaning the cache disk drive does not solve the problem, create a new gamer profile. Then test it to see if the problem recurs. If the problem recurs more when you use a new gamer profile, the problem may be related to the original gamer profile or saved game information for one or more parties associated with the profile of the original player. To test this possibility, delete the saved games for all games that have this problem when using the original gamer profile.

I have the same problem with Gears of war 2 but mine freezes any time. I will be able to play for a while without problems, then freezes and continue to freeze every time you turn again. After a while it will work again then start the same trend, which makes me nuts. I put other games to test and they all work well, so it's just Gears 2. Does it happen to someone else?

Try to change the refresh rate of the monitor screen. You can increase its refresh rate, however, the monitor may or may not support a higher value. If you use a higher refresh rate, can reduce the speed at which the screen flickers. However, if you enter a screen refresh rate that is too high for the monitor, the screen may become unusable. In addition, the hardware may be damaged.

I have noticed that some have fixed issues by updating your driver.If not then installing the game to the hard drive with the upcoming NXE dashboard might solve your issues. This is actually a fairly wide spread issue, the game on some xboxes will constantly freeze making you manually restart your xbox, while it plays every other game fine, as well as even plays fine on other xboxes.

It is important to keep the Xbox in a cool, dry and well ventilated. Do not put your console or power supply on a bed, sofa or other soft surface that may block ventilation openings. IF your console is in a poorly ventilated area, shut it, and the move to a place that has adequate ventilation, such as a table or shelf open. Keep your console away from heat sources, such as televisions, computers, monitors, and other electrical devices. Turn off the console, and then move it away from the heat source. Now, turn off the device that is generating heat, and then move that device away from your console.