Thread: Flight simulator X not responding

Flight simulator X not responding

Hi,

I have just installed Flight simulator X on my Windows Vista. Installation went properly without any error but when I start the Flight simulator X, it stops responding. The only option remains to me is that, I have to press CTRl+ALT+Delete to stops the game. What may be the issue ???

Re: Flight simulator X not responding

Verify that you have minimum system requirements :

1. Make sure that the computer you are using at least the minimum requirements for video card, processor and memory for Flight Simulator X: Click Start, click Run, and type dxdiag in the Open box. Then click OK.
    2. Check on the System tab, under System Information, the values for the processor and memory.
    3. Check around on the Display tab or display device 1 in the value of total memory.
    4. Click Finish to close the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Check the frame rate of your game. The frame rate is the update frequency of the image on the screen per second. The monitoring of the frame rate is a possibility that performance in Flight Simulator X evaluated. Twice, press [SHIFT] + [Z] to display the frame rate counter. Make sure that after you've made the above proposed amendments, if the frame rate has improved. Note, however, that the simulation of your own ideas should be just.

Check whether you graphic card in your computer has minimum 32 megabytes (MB) of memory. To do this, follow the steps bellow :

1. Open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Click on Start - Type dxdiag in the Start Search box - click on dxdiag.exe in the Programs list.
    2. Then Click the Display tab.
    3. Under Device, verify that the Approx. The total value of memory is 32 MB or more.

The graphic card must have 32 MB of memory for Flight Simulator X to work properly. If your graphic card doesn't have 32 MB of memory, you need to upgrade the graphics hardware to run Flight Simulator X smoothly.

You need Download and install the latest version of DirectX
    Click Get the Latest DirectX Here (download the latest version of DirectX).
    Click Next, and then click Download.
    Double click on Run.
    Click I accept the agreement, and then click Next.
    Click Next.
    Click Finish.

If your computer already has an antivirus program installed, then you can perform virus scan, update your antivirus program with the latest virus definition files. Most vendors of antivirus programs about once a month release a new virus definition file. After you obtain the latest virus definition files, perform virus scanning. For more information about how to obtain virus definition files, contact the vendor of your antivirus software.