Thread: Problem to play Anno 1404 under ubuntu 9.10

Problem to play Anno 1404 under ubuntu 9.10

Hello,
    I need your help to solve a problem with the game Anno 1404. That's what I tried to do. Installing the game using Wine 1.1.26 and using Play On Linux. Other searches on the Internet. Otherwise the game is installed but does not start. I suppose many causes to this problem Directx, lack of Dll, inexperience on my part about using Wine? Any help on this, so that I can start playing the game.
    Last edited by Ameeryan; 11-01-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Re: Problem to play Anno 1404 under ubuntu 9.10

Hello,
    I think the install path is in ~ / .wine / drive_c /. So instead of installing the game directly from wine. Install the soft by playonlinux if it is not in the list. You can always do a manual installation. (Pol installation or application not supported). From the what will be a little easier to install directx or something on your prefix.

Hello,
    By cons to help you I must know a little more. When you say "no valid result"
    - You have succeeded in installing playonlinux and the game does not rotate or you have directly made a "$ wine setup.exe" in the installation folder? More information from your side is expected, this will help us to debug your problem.

Hello,
    No, I followed the installation procedure of Play on Linux, since my game was on the list of programs to aid installation, I inserted my installation CD and begin installation. Latest test date with Virtualbox convincing results, sad! Directx problem. If you have any more alternative to play this game, then please do post, so that I can enjoy the game as soon as possible.

Hello
    Even I have similar kind of problem, in fact I install everything (wine, Play on Linux configuration file wine and Play on Linux ...) and start over. I installed Play on Linux, Run the installation game
    And here I am:
    When I desire to launch the game he said he must have administrator privileges + Error 32 (did a search on the net to solve the problem) but still the same error.
    1st issue: Why my game is not install in wine?
    2nd question : How to solve the problem of administrator
    3rd question : No CD Crack? I missed an episode? Is someone who can explain? and where can you find?

Hello
    1) You can find what you installed by playonlinux in ~ / .PlayOnLinux / WINEPREFIX
    2) I do not know, can copy the files on your hard drive, or mount the file system of your cdrom otherwise.
    3) To crack no cd- you must look a little on google.
    4) you are missing dll then launches playonlinux: Manufactured install, then in the left column select "other". Continues installing Direct X on the prefix you have chosen to anno.