Thread: Zoo Tycoon 2 gives error message "Another instance of startup.exe is already running"

Zoo Tycoon 2 gives error message "Another instance of startup.exe is already running"

Hi,

I have installed Zoo Tycoon 2 in windows vista, Whenever I start my game Zoo Tycoon. it gives error message "Another instance of startup.exe is already running". I checked in Task manager but no other program is running. I restarted the computer twice and nothing has changed that says the same error every time as you click on it. I hope someone can help !!!

Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 gives error message "Another instance of startup.exe is already running"

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and go into Task Manager. Then select process startup.exe by clicking on it. Then right-click on it and select end process. (this is different from what you have already tried). If this doesn't work, try reinstalling the game. It always says that, just ensure that you don't end the other process, just that one which is creating problem for you. If you end an essential system process it could crash your computer or other things like that.

Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 gives error message "Another instance of startup.exe is already running"

Hi,

I am having this same problem. I have not even been able to play the game at all! It will not start. I even have Vista, and have all the system requirements. It installs fine after I received my copy of the disks, but I did not launch after install, will not let me run it. It simply say's that another example of startup.exe already running, and stays there. Is there any solution for this ???

Quote Originally Posted by Gyani23 View Post
    Hi,

I am having this same problem. I have not even been able to play the game at all! It will not start. I have XP, not Vista, and have all the system requirements. It installs fine after I received my copy of the disks, but I did not launch after install, will not let me run it. It simply say's that another example of startup.exe already running, and stays there. Is there any solution for this ???
    Change the shortcut icon for Zoo Tycoon 2

1. Right-click Start , And then click Open.

2. Click the book icon in the Open box, type the following path, and then press ENTER: drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Games

Note The placeholder Drive represents the drive where Zoo Tycoon 2 is installed. For example, if Zoo Tycoon 2 is installed on drive C, type C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games.

3. In the Folders column, click the folder for the version of Zoo Tycoon that you want to start.

4. In the Name column, right-click startup.exe, and then click Create Shortcut. Click Yes when you receive the following message: Windows can not create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be Placed on the Desktop instead?

5. Right-click the Zoo Tycoon shortcut on your Desktop, and then click Properties. In the Target box, change the file name "startup.exe" to zt.exe. Do not delete the quotation marks in the path. The revised path in the Target box should resemble the following path:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\ zt.exe"

6. Click OK.

7. Try to start Zoo Tycoon 2 by using the new Zoo Tycoon 2 shortcut icon on your Desktop.