Thread: Unable to update Microsoft Age of Empires III

Unable to update Microsoft Age of Empires III

Hi, i am in need of some urgent help from you all guys.. I have installed Age of Empires III on my windows XP computer and is working fine since its installed on my system. But from yesterday, when i am trying to update this game from the Help and Tools menu, it just won't complete. Some times it gets hanged or it gives me an error message saying "There was a file access problem. You have to be logged into Windows as a user with Admin rights."

I am not able to understand this error as well, as i am logged in as Admin.. Do you have any idea why i am unable to update Microsoft Age of Empires III ? Please help me out of this..

Help appreciated !!!

Re: Unable to update Microsoft Age of Empires III

Most probably this error occurs when users are not logged in as Admin, but as you said you are the administrator and still getting this its really complicated. I am not sure what might be the problem but anyways, i'll suggest you to create a new user account and try to update the game again. To create a new user account in XP computer, Log off from the current user account. Log on to the computer by using a user account that has administrative rights.Click Start, click Run, type control, and then click OK.In the Pick a task list, click Create a new account.In the Type a name for the new account box, type a name for the user account, and then click Next. Click Computer administrator, and then click Create Account.

I think creating new user account with admin rights can help you for sure.. I have already faced this issue on my pc as well and i did the same. I'll suggest you to log in with your new user account and Open internet explorer to visit the this link where you can download and install Age of Empires III update. Once you finished installing this update you can change back to your previous user account. I did the same and it worked for me. Try it and let me know the result.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful info mate.. Actually i am also having similar problem with Age of Empires III on my windows Vista computer. When i try to update the game, i get an error message saying 'Unable to allocate memory.' Is it due to the Ram or something else ? What can i do other than adding more Ram? please help..

Basically to fix this error you need to add more ram to your system but as you don't want to do that alternatively you need to adjust the virtual memory settings. To do so, go to Start Menu and type System. Now from the program list select System and than click on Advanced system settings.On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Performance.On the Advanced tab, click Change under Virtual memory. Click to clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box. Under Drive [Volume Label], click the drive that contains the paging file that you want to change. Click System managed size, and then click Set.Click OK two times. In the System Properties dialog box, click OK.When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart Now.

You can also check or confirm that your game is updated properly or not. you can do this with the help of ESAge3FileCheck tool. You should run this file after your game update is finished. When ESAge3filechecker process is completed you will get a log file on your desktop. If each line in the ESAge3Results.txt file shows "Version Correct," the update was successful.