Thread: CD Protection Error

CD Protection Error

Hello, I am using Windows xp operating system Service pack 2 on my computer. Whenever I try to play games on my computer with the help of Cd it tells me that I have to re-insert original CD in the drive though I have already inserted the cd in the drive. What is the reason behind this. I am getting this CD Protection error in most of my games CD. Is this the fault in Windows xp operating system. How to fix this error.

Re: CD Protection Error

I think you need to use the Original Cd in your drive for playing games. There may be possibility that you are getting this error due to the Pirated cd problem. You can make use of the original cd for solving this problem. Try to use the original cd and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think you would be get solved your problem with this.

I think your cd is not detecting in the drive and due to which you are getting this error. So, it is needed to use the proper cd in your drive. There may be also possibility that your cd is got scratched much more and due to which you are getting this problem. Scratched cd in drive is not detecting and your are getting error to insert the cd while playing the game which you want. So, try for any other cd in the drive.

There is possibility that you are getting this problem due to your privileges. You can check for the following setting to solve your Cd Protection error:
    • First start your computer in safe mode with Administrator account.
    • In your Control Panel go to the User Accounts.
    • Now you need to change account so click on it.
    • If you get the account with less user rights then click on that.
    • Click on "Change the account type" and then on Computer Administrator.
    • Click on "Change Account Type".
    • Restart your computer.
    • Now log in with your regular account.
    • Your problem would be solved with this.

I am also getting the same problem. Whenever I try to play any game on my computer by inserting cd in the drive or even if I try for the removing or reinstalling the same on my computer I am getting the following error message:
    Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart the program.
    What is the problem in cd Drive or cd. I am using original version cd in my drive for playing and installing the games. Is this the problem of Operating system. I am using Windows xp operating system on my computer.

Hello, I was also getting the same error few month ago. Then I solve my problem by starting my computer in administrator account. If you want to solve your problem then it is needed you start your computer in the Administrator account. Then you can play those all games and if you want to install the games or reinstall them you can also do overthere. So, try this, it will solve your problem.