Thread: Civ 4 installation in windows 7

Civ 4 installation in windows 7

Hello,

I just buy a sony laptop with Windows 7. When installing Civilization 4 seems to be no problem but when I start the game nothing happens (no window opens, no error message). The version of the game includes the latest patch. I tried to install it at a friends pc running with XP and I had no problem. I think it just Windows 7. Does anyone had problems on Windows 7 with installing old games. is there a trick to make it work? I already tried to install it in Windows XP compatibility mode but the same result occurs.

thank you in advance for your help

Civilization 4 Installation Issue

Hello

I just reinstall it few days back without any problems just a message problem on Windows7 known and already on Vista before! But the game works great! How did you install it?

See this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...mes/992674.htm

Civ 4 and windows 7 beta

Is it windows 7 beta or final release? If its beta than upgrade it and then reinstall the civ4, i have a windows vista and Civilization 4 works very well.

Civilization IV System Requirements

According to official system requirements,Civ 4 is not supported in windows 7 , here is the official system requirements list:

Minimum System Requirements

• Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    • Processor: 1.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent
    • Memory: 256 MB RAM (Windows 2000) / 512 MB RAM (Windows XP)
    • Hard Disk Space: 1.7 GB Free
    • CD-ROM Drive : 4X Speed
    • Video: DirectX 9.0c-compatible 64 MB video card with Hardware T&L support ( GeForce 2/Radeon 7500 or better)
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
    • DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher

Recommended System Requirements

• Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    • Processor: 1.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent
    • Memory: 512 MB RAM
    • Hard Disk Space: 1.7 GB Free
    • CD-ROM Drive : 4X Speed
    • Video: 128 MB Video Card w/ DirectX 8 support (pixel & vertex shaders)
    • Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
    • DirectX: DirectX version 9.0c (included) or higher

Supported Operating Systems
    • Windows 2000 Service Pack 1 or higher WITH Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
    • Windows XP Home or Professional w/ Service Pack 1 or higher
    • Windows Vista
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Re: Civ 4 installation in windows 7

Which sony laptop you are using? please post your full laptp specs; have your upgraded al your drivers? go to sony website and install the latest windows 7 drivers for your laptop, this will help you to resove problem. Good luck.

HELP!!!

I hate Windows7. It came on the laptop I just bought.

I can't play any of the old games I used to enjoy like Civ4.

When I run Civ4v109_Setup, it shows the "busy" mouse icon briefly, but does nothing. No error message. Nada.

Getting the program to load and crash would be a step *up* for me. LOL

I have tried all the usual online tips like run as admin and run in compatibility mode and downloading updates, but nothing helps.

I am using an HP G60-535DX notebook. It's about 6x as good as my previous laptop, which ran Civ4 slowly, but at least it ran it. About 5-10min in-between turns on the largest map. LOL I'm sure y'all can appreciate how much you have to love a game to endure something like that...

sad Re: Civ 4 installation in windows 7

Hello, i just want to play Civil 4 in my new Laptop Acer Aspire 4745G,

I mount the image and have installed it completely, and when i click Autorun>Play the Game, i got an error saying that my "D3DX9_26.DLL" is missing,
    anyone know how to deal eith this problem so i can play the game?

my directx:11
    Windows 7

Hi anakmuda,

You have to install the exact version of DirectX found on the disc of the Civ 4. In any case, you can go to the Microsoft link here, and then click on the link for the runtime version. The runtime version is the only version that developers are allowed to use, and it should be the same version that's on the CD. If it's not, then Firaxis screwed the pooch bigtime in a way that no developer before them has.

Hullo all =)
    I just installed Windows 7 into my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Notebook Pad 3553.
    I attempted to install Civ IV, which failed. Now, the option of installing Civ no longer appears when I run the CDROM; I only get the three options of 'Play' (in spite of having removed Civ from the hard drive), Readme and Exit.
    Clicking Play leads to an attempted starting of the game, interrupted with the message 'Failed Initializing Python'.
    Also, there is a message about the colour scheme being changed to Windows Basic, since something in Civ is not compatible.

Could somebody please help? I miss my Civ