Thread: Unable to load Mac Games on iMac

Unable to load Mac Games on iMac

I have just brought Mac OSX model identifier is iMac10.1. I like Mac games and my problem is I have to wait around 15-20minutes to load a game, while loading I get a black screen on my desktop for that time duration. Here is system configurations Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 2
    Total Number Of Cores: 1
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz.
    Can anyone help me out?

Re: Unable to load Mac Games on iMac

Hey mate I am using the same system with almost same configuration but I am using total 2 cores but I don’t think this will have any impact on game loading. I am not facing any problem, it’s working perfectly for me. May be this is because of video card which may not support games graphics and resolution properly or it can be due to the Mac version you are using, these are the only two thinks which came to my mind because I am having same Mac.

Yes you’re right buddy it is caused due to the OSX version. I was using OSX 10.5 Leopard it was taking lots of time to load a game but my cousin had OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard and his system was not eating that much of time to load the same game, so I had upgraded my OSX 10.5 Leopard to 10.6 Snow Leopard and now that problem is solved. Seriously man I would like to recommend you to upgrade your OSX it doesn’t cost much to upgrade the OSX only 30$ you have to spend for the disk. Not only your Mac will be able to load your game faster it will also increase speed of your system.

Guys you’re solutions are perfect if the matter is with the OSX version or video card but I think this can also happen due to the game, dude which game are you playing? Because COD4 doen’t take that much time but if you’re playing Valve games then it will take longer time because it takes longer time, steam is slow for Valve games. If you’re connected to the server for the first time it takes longer time and from next time onwards it will time bit less time. But from my experience it never takes more than 5 minutes so you should try to load other games to check whether the problem is in game or in OS.

Thanks a ton guys, the problem was with OSX version I have upgraded it to OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard and now my iMac functioning much faster as compared to the older version. And it’s not taking long time to upload my games. @ ApplePowerPC I use to happen with most of the games not only valve not now I have completely out of that problem and enjoying my games and thanks for your suggestion too . Now I will visit these forums first if I got any technical problem in my gadgets and also will try to help out others if I have any suggestion or solution. Thank you ciao.