Thread: Problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7

Problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7

There is a problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7. I have installed the game properly in my system and there was no problem in the installation. But, whenever I start the game, I get a black screen for 2 seconds and then, I get back on the desktop. I have played all the previous versions of the game and there was no problem in that. I also liked the game very much and now, I am very much curious to play this version. What are the system requirements of the game? May be some of the graphic component is less. Please help me with this problem with your views and suggestions.

An installation error

There must be an installation error because of which there is a problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7. I have found many such cases who get such types of errors and the game is not able to start. These errors occur when you run other applications along with the installation process. This is the reason why it is always recommended to exit all other applications before you start the installation of any software or game. I suppose you will have to just uninstall the game and then, restart your system. After that, reinstall the game. This may probably fix the problem.

System requirements for Spiderman 3

I think that the problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7 is a compatibility issue as it may not be supported on that particular platform. Here are the system requirements for Spiderman 3:

MINIMUM:
    Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    Processor: Pentium 4 @ 1.8 GHz or Athlon Equivalent
    RAM: 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 6.7 GB Free
    Video Card: 256 MB (ATI x1300/GeForce 7300+)
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    DirectX Version: 9.0c

RECOMMENDED
    Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    Processor: Pentium 4 @ 3.2 GHz or Athlon Equivalent
    RAM: 1.5 GB
    Hard Disk: 6.7 GB Free
    Video Card: 256 MB (ATI x1800/GeForce 7800 GT+)
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    DirectX Version: 9.0c

This is not a compatibility issue

The problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7 is not a compatibility issue. I have checked for the same on the official site of Microsoft and there, they have mentioned that the game is purely compatible with Windows 7. I guess that there is some problem with the setup of the game. I suggest you to exchange the disc of the game if you have bought it from a genuine dealer. If you have downloaded the game, then try to download it again and then reinstall the game. Hopefully, your problem may be solved.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Run in compatibility mode

I suggest you to run the game in compatibility mode if you are having a problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7. To run in compatibility mode, right-click on the shortcut of the game and there select, compatibility troubleshoot. Now, you will get 2 options here. You can allow the operating system to detect the problems with the game or you yourself can mention the problems that you are having with the game. The operating system will set itself according to the compatibility of the game and then, start the game. If the game starts properly, you just need to apply the properties for the future.

Always use a dual boot system

If you have a problem of Spiderman 3 in Windows 7, then always use a dual boot system. Dual boot system have 2 or more operating systems in them. Thus, the incompatible games or applications can be run in the other operating system that is not running in Windows 7. You will get a screen at the start of the computer, which is called as the Windows Boot Manager as to which operating system that you want to load into. You can get this feature by simply installing the other operating system in a different drive in the system.