Thread: Mortal Combat 4 problem in Windows 7

Mortal Combat 4 problem in Windows 7

I was previously using Windows XP SP2 and Mortal Combat worked without any problems in it. But now, after upgrading my system to Windows 7, I am getting Mortal Combat 4 problem in Windows 7. Since many games are incompatible to this operating system, I want to know if this game is compatible to Windows 7 or not? What do I have to do to start this game? Please help me with suitable solutions to get rid of this problem.
    Last edited by CAILYN; 29-12-2009 at 02:42 AM.

This is not a compatibility issue

Mortal Combat 4 problem in Windows 7 may not be a compatibility and I think it should work fine in Windows 7. I am suggesting you another technique for starting the game. First, right-click on the shortcut of the game and then, select "Run as Administrator". If this does not work, then go to Start, then All Programs and here look for the installed files of the game. Run the exe from there. This might hopefully solve your problem.

Select the compatibility troubleshoot

If you are having Mortal Combat 4 problem in Windows 7, then I suggest you to select the compatibility troubleshoot option that you will find when you right click on the shortcut of the icon of the game. Here, you can set your own settings according to the problem as well as force the operating system to find the problems related to the game and the operating system. Selecting and applying the recommended settings for future use too, may solve your problem.

Windows 7 is not a recommended OS

Windows 7 is not a recommended OS because of the incompatibilities it is having with it. The incompatibility may be the reason why Mortal Combat 4 is having a problem in Windows 7. The only way you can resolve this issue is to use a dual boot system by which you can load into the operating system you want and thus, run the incompatible programs. To get this dual boot system, you will have to install the other operating system in another drive in the computer.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Re: Mortal Combat 4 problem in Windows 7

If Mortal Combat 4 problem in Windows 7 is a compatibility issue, then what are the system requirements for this game. Even if I load a dual boot system, what are the essential components that will be required to play the game. My system configuration is a Core2Duo processor, 1 GB RAM and an in-built graphic memory of 512MB. Please help me with the system requirements of the game.

Minimum system requirements for Mortal Combat 4

Your system is good enough to run the game smoothly. Here are the minimum system requirements for Mortal Combat 4. I guess the operating system is causing all the problems.
    • CPU Type: Pentium
    • CPU Speed: 133 MHz
    • RAM Required: 24 MB
    • Hard Disk: 25 MB
    • Graphics Type: SVGA
    • Graphics Resolution: 640x480